Chapter 1

(Pic above is Tess)

Tess' POV
"Tess," my brother calls "hurry he will be home any second" he finishes with fear in his voice. just then the door flys open to revel my father "where's my dinner!" He yells and grabs it out of my hand and tastes it. "scram brat" he yells to me and my brother. I push my brother up the stairs into his bedroom, then I lock him in. then I go back down stairs and wait for my father to finish eating. "did I not say scram" he yells to me. then he pours the rest of his boiling hot soup over my head. I shriek. then he throws me, by my hair, into the wall. by this time in crying, then he kicks me in the stomach a couple times. after that he pulls me up by my hair and tells me to clean the mess up. by mess I mean my blood and his soup. After I finish cleaning up the mess, I crawl upstairs and get out my first aid kit. then I pull my shirt off and start to wrap up my ribs. after I finish I lay down in my bed and drift to sleep.
***
I wake up to the sound of my brothers voice "wake up sis, wake up!" He begs. I here the sadness in his voice and I open my eyes. "I thought you were, you were" he cries, I hug him. then I notice the time and burst up to get ready, but end up hurting my ribs instead. "are you ok?" He asks helping me up. I fake a smile and he helps me to the bathroom. the. Sets me on the toilet and asks "can you get in by yourself?" He asks, referring to the shower. I nod. he pauses for a moment then exits the bathroom. I then slowly remove my shirt, and undo the bandage I put on the night before. then I take off everything else and carefully move myself into the shower. I put the shower on hot and sit down in the tub. The water felt so nice on my skin, I just wish I could stay here forever, trapped in my only little mind.
Once I finished the shower, I dry myself off and put a new bandage over my bruised ribs. the. I put on my clothes. a black black veil bride tank black skull sweater over it. for pants I put on some black ripped jeans and a chain belt. then I put on my makeup (like in the picture) then I slowly and painfully walk down stairs, and see my brother eating cereal. "hey sis" he fakes a smile. I wave and grab on to the kitchen counter for extra support. I point to the door and he nods. then he grabs my left arm and leads me to the door.