Chapter 20

Ash's POV
It's been 3 weeks and Tess was slowing healing, but she still had a lot of memory loss. I hadn't left the hospital that much and Tess was getting used to me being around.
"Ash can I have some water" she asks me quietly I smile at her and grab the water from the table beside the hospital bed. I hand it to her and she slowly drinks it.
"Thank you" she says when she finishes her drink. I once again smile and put the water back on the table.
After I do this I hear a knock on the door and my mom comes into the room.
"Hey sweetie, can I talk to you outside for a moment?" My mom says softly, I nod and walk out, when I do I see my moms face drop.
"What's a matter? Is something wrong?" I ask with worry.
"Sweetie... Tess is going to be moving to Connecticut... her mom just accepted custody." She says sadly, my mouth dropped.
"What do you mean she's moving to Connecticut?!? I thought social services couldn't find her mother?" I exclaim.
"Well it seems they did. Her mom was found in Connecticut with her 3 sons and a husband... social services explained the situation to her and she accepted full responsibility for Tess... she'll be leaving as soon as she's healed enough.
My mind raced, I didn't know whether to feel happy or sad for Tess. I mean she's leaving the place she called home for years, but then again she forget most of it anyways. And what about Luke? Where would he go?
"Let me go talk to Tess" I say sadly, my mom nods and I slowly walk into the hospital room.
"Tess?" I question softly
"Hmm" she replys
"I need to tell you something" she looks at me and I sit down in my usual place.
"Do you Remember anything about your mom?" I ask softly. She thinks for a moment.
"She left when I was little, that's all I remember about her" Tess says quietly.
"Well your gonna be going to live with her for awhile... in Connecticut." I say softly, I can see fear go through her eyes.
"Are you coming?" She says hopefully, I pause for a moment
"Yes"