Chapter 12

I few minutes later we arrive at his house and walk to his bedroom. "You can sleep on the bed if you want, I'll go downstairs and sleep on the couch" he says. I shake my head and take his and pulling him down into the bed. "You want me to sleep here?" He questions, I nod and he thinks it over for a second. "Alright I guess" he says. We both crawl up to the top of the bed and lie down. We were both far apart from each other and there was a uncomfortable silence. "Goodnight Tess" he whispers.
______________________________________________________
Ashton's POV
I wake up to a beautiful sounding voice and quickly sit up. I look to my right to see Tess lying there peacefully. "Luke... Save Luke" I hear her talk in her sleep. My eyes widen and I stare at here for a moment. "She talked" I whispered in shock. A few seconds later her eyes flutter open and she sits up. "You talk in your sleep" I inform her. Her eyes widen and glimpse of worry flows through her eyes. She vigorously shakes her head no. "I-i headed you... You talked" I whisper. "No I didn't!!!!" She says quickly and her hands cover her mouth. "See you did it again... You talked!!!" I nearly yell. "You talked to me!!!" She stands up quickly and grabs her blanket rushing out of my room. I start to chase after her until we're out on the street in the pouring rain. I touch her shoulder and make her face me. "What do you want?!?!" She yells angrily. I take a small step back in fear. "Why do you keep talking to me, when you know I won't talk back?" She says a little calmer. "I-I" I try to come up with something to say but my mind goes blank. "I don't know" I say truthfully. "You don't know?... I've been mute for fourteen years, and you think... You think you can just come in my life and make me talk? Make me tell you all my secrets so you can just turn around and throw it in my face? Make me trust you and then up and leave? I'm sorry, but you can't do that! You can't give my hopes up like that." She yells at me "You just can't"she whispers. "Tess... I won't do that to you" I say sincerely. "I promise" she looks up at me with tears in her eyes and falls to the ground sobbing. I hurry up and catch her and once again let her cry in my arms. After a few minutes she looks up at me "we need to get to school" she says in a hoarse voice. "Just skip for today.... I think you need it."