Chapter 5

Tess' POV
I wake up in the my bed with my brother sitting by me crying. He hadn't realized that I was awake yet due to the tears in his eyes blinding him. I gently touch his fingers and he looks at me and just pulls me into a giant hug.
"I'm so happy your awake" he crys "never ever do that again"
       I nod feeling sorry that I got my baby brother caught up in my self harm issues. I pull him closer to me and he crys in my arms, I gently tub his back and he falls asleep in my arms.
       I carry him to his room and lay him down on the bed, locking the door as I leave the room. When I get downstairs I walk directly back to my room and sit on the bed.
'We need to leave' I think
'But we have no money' I argue with myself
'But Luke won't be safe here' I sigh not knowing what to do. I then pull out a book I keep under my bed, open it and smile. I gently touch her picture and think of what would have happened if o went with her. What would've happened if she didn't leave.
I then quickly shut the book and walk downstairs. My father wasn't here right now, so I assume he's at a bar. I slowly walk outside and sit on the steps when I notice a moving van across the street, great another person that could find out my secret. Note the sarcasm soon I see the one person o thought I would never see Ashton. Wow this is so cliche. He soon notices be and walks over to me and sits by me on the steps.
"Hey" he says
I wave to him
"I didn't know you lived here"(-
I shrug
Just then the front door opens up to revel my brother
"You have a brother?" Ashton exclaims
I nod and Luke waves and grabs me by the arm to pull me into the house. I old my index finger up and he drops my hand nods and walks inside.
"He reminds me of you" Ashton says and I smile
'I have to go' I mouth
"Yeah I get it, see you later yeah?" I nod and smile and walk into the house.
"Someone's got a boyfriend" my brother smirks and I chase him around the room.
When I catch him I throw him over my shoulder and won't let him down. After about  5 minutes of this I set him down and we sit on the couch.
***
A/N sorry it's short I know I promised 1000 words and by yesterday but I've been sick.