Chapter 22

Ashton's POV
Tess was laying in bed, peacefully asleep. Her flight to Connecticut was about 2 weeks away, and my promise to go with her still stood. My mom, yet very upset, agreed that it was the right thing to do. She said she couldn't leave because of her job, but she'd help me out in anyway she could.
I sat patiently waiting for Tess to wake up. I had the strongest sense that something bad was about to happen, I just didn't know what. I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me...I was wrong.

Tess' body starts to go into a seizure and I immediately stand up with shock. I run out of the room and yell to the nearest nurse. Her, and a bunch of other doctors and nurses rush into the room and I am pushed out.

I stare blankly into the room with shock, tears soon filling my eyes. The doctor had told us already that there was some major, life lasting damage to her body that she could probably never fully heal from. He said that she would be needing months of physical therapy to help her since there was so much damage to her back and spinal cord. But he never said this would happen, and it was scaring me.

A/N I got an idea for the next chapter already, I'll start writing it after I eat breakfast! I think the next chapter will be pretty long :).