Chapter 6

^^^Tess room^^^
Tess POV
Me and my brother watch tv for a couple more hours until he had gotten hungry. I run upstairs and go to my piggy bank and find about fifty dollars. I grab it and go back downstairs signaling Luke to follow me. We both walk out the door and head to a near by restaurant called addy's. We walked into the small restaurant and sit at the table getting my phone out ready to type are order. Luke decided to get some blueberry pancakes with a side of sausage and a orange juice and I got a small Cesar salad and a water. I type our order in the phone and wait for a waiter to come and serve us. The waiter soon walks up to the table, he was a blonde haired blue eyed boy with a lip piercing on either side of his bottom lip. He asks for my order and I hand him the phone he smiles and hands it back. He then turns around and go back to the kitchen. A few minutes later he returns with my food and I smile, he smiles back then goes to take the order of another customer. We eat quickly and within 15 minutes we were done with our food. The blonde haired waiter comes back to our table and hands us the check it came out to $15.94. We payed and left the small shop. We decided to go to the park. Luke was playing on the monkey bars and I was swinging. A few minutes later I hear a noise from beside me and see Ashton sitting down on the swing beside me.i smile at him and he smiles back. "Hey Tess" he says barely moving his feet on the swing I nod and focus my attention back to Luke. "Does he talk?" Ashton asks from beside me. I nod and point at myself. "He only talks to you?" He questions. I nod still looking in Luke's direction. "Do you talk to him?" He asks I shake my head signaling that I did not talk at all not to luke not to anybody. I can see his head nod in response. I stop swinging for a sec and look at him, then I get my phone out and start to type 'why are you here?' I type "what do you mean I'm hanging out with you" he smiles 'why?' I type into my phone "because I like you... Your mysterious...I like that" he answers I blush and try to hide my face. Just then my brother comes running over and pulls my hands. I point in the direction of my house and he soon realized that I have to go. "Bye" he says. I take Luke's hand and we storm out of the park. A few minutes later we were in sight of our house, with are dads truck in the driveway. Fear passes over me and me and Luke race into the house. As soon as I get in my father slaps me, I point to the stairwell telling Luke to go upstairs, he does. "Where were you, you little bitch?!?!" He screams pulling me up by my hair and slamming me into the wall, I let a tear slip my eyes as he slaps me once more, and then kicks me in the stomach multiple times. I flinch while my my previous broken and bruised ribs get kicked over and over and soon burst into tears. He then grabs me by the hair once again and throws me to the stairs "get to your room, now!!" He screams, I listen crawling upstairs and into my bedroom. I get on the bed and start to cry. I don't know how long I cry but I know I fall asleep after at least an hour.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I wake up to the sound of chirping birds, I try to roll out of bed but I am overcome with unbearable pain. "Son of a bitch" I say not catching myself. I throw my hands to my mouth as soon as I heard myself say it, thankfully I was alone in the room and no one was here to hear me. I carefully move out of bed, but still have shooting pains every time I take even the slightest of steps. I finally make it to the bed and I carefully lift my shirt up, and see major bruising of my ribs. I assume at least 3 were broken. I then proceed to take of the rest of my clothing and pick my self up and into the shower. I sit down in the small bathtub and let the hot water run over me. Luckily The water was reliving some of my rib pain. Once I finish I carefully move myself out of the shower and change into a white tank top, a black leather jacket, and black pants. Then I go over to the sink and cover all the bruises left on my face and put on some black eye shadow and some lip gloss. I then walk carefully to my brothers room and see him sleeping, I let him sleep. My father worked full time on weekends and today was Saturday so we didn't really have to worry about him until Monday. I leave Luke a note on the counter telling him I was gonna be out for a few hours than I walk over through the woods in the back of our house to a small lake about 15 minutes (30 with pain) walk from my house. Every since I remember this was my secret hideout, not even my brother knew about this. I sits own at a small rock my the lake and hum softly to a song called even if it breaks your heart my Eli young band.