Chapter 11

Tess' POV
After a few hours in was beginning to get dark so I swim to the shore and dry myself off with my shirt. Then I started back to my house. It wasn't a very long walk, but i was freezing by the time I got back. Before walking into the house I look in the window and see a 20-something year old sitting by my dad on the couch. I sigh and start to climb a tree that gave me access to my bedroom window. When I get in I quickly change my clothing and grab a blanket from my bed. Then I climb back down the tree and quickly make my way over to the park. Then I lay down on the park bench and cover myself with the blanket. After a few minutes of laying there I started to hear footsteps. I sit up and see Ashton walking toward me. "What are you doing out here so late?" He questions sitting next to me on the bench. I just shrug and avoid eye contact. "Are you ok?" He asks. I let a tear slip my eye and look back at him. He pulls me close to him and I start to sob into his chest. He doesn't say anything, just lets me cry. After awhile I wipe my eyes and pull away from him. "What happened?" He asked. I shake my head as a few more years slip my eyes "Tess, you need to talk to me... Please talk to me, I can't help you if I don't know what's going on" he begs. I look at him and open my mouth. Then I shake my head and look back to the ground. "Fine... But at least come home with me... It's freezing out here and I don't want you to get sick" I nod and we both stand up. Then he takes my hand and drags me behind him all the way to his house.