Chapter 8

Tess POV
after Luke left I sat down and watched a show called criminal minds for a little bit until I hear a knock on the door. I slowly walk over and open the door to see a smile Luke on the other side.i smile at him and then we both stand awkwardly me in the house, him on the porch. "Um... Do you wanna hangout?" He asks awkwardly running his fingers through his hair. I slightly nod and step outside closing the door. Then we both walk down the steps of the porch and start to walk. "So what do you want to do?" He questions, I shrug and keep walking until I reach the end of my yard. Your walking funny are you alright?" He asks me seriously, we lock eyes for a minute before I nod and look away. "Oh-Kay..." He drags "maybe we could go to my house?" He asks, I nod And smile. We walk across the street to his house and he leads me inside. "Ashton is that you?"I hear a women's voice call coming into the room. "Oh, hello" she says politely to me. I smile at her for a sec before she turns her face to Ashton. "Ashton would you like to introduce me to your friend?" His mom asks "um... Mom this is Tess, Tess this is my mom, Ana" Ashton answers his mother looks back to me and shakes my hand "nice to meet you Tess" she smiles "would you like to stay for dinner?" She asks me. I look up at Ashton and back to his mom. "Um mom Tess is, uh, mute" he tells her her face turns surprised and then back to calm again. "Oh that's alright honey, how bout I make some extras and if you want to say, your welcome to?" She smiles I slightly nod and follow Ashton back to his room. "So what do you wanna do?" He asks throwing himself into the bed. I walk over to his flat screen tv and grab a Xbox game from the stand. "You wanna play Xbox?" He asks, and walk over grabbing the game, I nod and smile.
***
"Are you sure never played this before, you're doing really well" Ashton asks I smile at him and then kill his character, I forgot what the name of this game was, but it was some shooting game, I've already killed Ashton's guy multiple times. "Dinner" I here Ashton's mom call from the door way I look up to her and put the remote control down. Me and Ashton both stand up and head down the stairs sitting down at the dinner table. She places a pot on the table and then a large bowl next to it. Ashton reaches for the spoon a puts some pasta on my plate topping it off with some sauce from the other bowl, I smile at him and pick up my fork taking small bites of the pasta. "So Tess, do you live close?" Ashton's mom questions I give her a small nod. "She lives just across the street" Ashton says taking a bite of his pasta. She smiles and nods. "Have you lived her all your life or..." She drags I smile and nod. Me and Ashton continue to eat with occasional questions from his mom. When I finally finished his mom took my plate and took it for the sink. "I'm gonna walk Tess home now" he says to his mom, both of us standing up and walking to the door. We walk back to my house and I smile at him, he pulls me into a small hug a flinch a little with pain in my ribs, but he doesn't seem to noticed. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." He says backing up a little bit I slightly nod and walk into my house waving goodbye before shutting the door. After I see him leave I let out a sigh I didn't know I've been keeping then I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom slipping a tank top and shorts on before sliding into bed and falling into a deep sleep.