003

I walked into the Great Hall late at night, Hiccup already sitting down at a table with a candle.

"Do you have the book?" I ask, coming over.

"Mhm," he nods, opening to the first page.

I sat down next to him, looking over his shoulder.

"Dragon classifications," I read the page.

"Strike class, Fear class, Mystery Class," my brother continues.

"Thunderdrum: This reclusive dragon inhabits sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the Thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range," my eyes slightly widen with fear, not wanting to have a run-in with this dragon.

"Extremely dangerous, kill on sight," Hiccup finishes, "Timberjack: This gigantic creature has razor sharp wings that can slice through full grown trees. Extremely dangerous, kill on sight."

"Scauldron: Sprays scalding water at its victim. Extremely dangerous," I read the next one, "Changewing: Even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Kill on sight."

"Gronckle, Zippleback, The Skrill, Boneknapper, Whispering Death," he flips through the pages, shuddering at the last one.

"Burns its victims, buries its victims, chokes its victims, turns its victims inside-out," my facial expression turns to a disturbed one, "Extremely dangerous, extremely dangerous, kill on sight, kill on sight, kill on sight..."

"Night Fury," Hiccup turns to the last page in the book, which has no drawing, and basically no information, "speed: unknown, size: unknown."

"The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself," I look down the page.

"Your only chance: Hide and pray it does not find you," Hiccup sighs, shutting the book.

We look at each other, un unsure look on our faces. We wanted to help these dragons, but didn't want to get killed in the process.

xxx 

"Move!" Astrid yells, pushing Hiccup out of the way, who's just standing there talking to Gobber. "What is he doing?!" she asks me.

"I don't know," I tell her, running away from the Nadder chasing us.

"Today is all about ATTACK! Nadders are quick and light on their feet! Your job is to be quicker and lighter!" Gobber shouted at us.

For some reason, Astrid and I met up with Snotlout, and we were doing our best to avoid the dragon.

"I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!" Fishlegs dodged some spines being shot at him.

"Look for its blind spot," Gobber ignores his comment, "Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike!"

I peek over to the side to see the Twins fighting right in front of the Nadder, causing it to fire at them.

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much," Gobber chuckles at the two's unfortune.

"Hey, so how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" I heard Hiccup ask.

I looked over at him from my spot, where I was crouching behind a plank of wood with Astrid and Snotlout.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale," the burly Viking rubbed a hand over his face, "Now get in there!"

"I know, I know," Hiccup started, "but hypothetically-"

"Hiccup!" I cut him off.

"Get down!" Astrid whisper-shouts.