Sneak Peek

Please enjoy this sneak peek at pieces of the first three chapters of the sequel to Connected: Connected 2 You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They say that as a story ends, you always think back to the beginning. For me, that meant that I should have been reminiscing on my time spent with my brothers before I even activated the bug. Or, the time I spent with Felix and Hyunjin as we ate brownies and watched tv. Or even on that first night that I spent in the Seoul City Police Station, sleeping in the interrogation room and playing Uno with Changbin.

Instead, here I was thinking back to my trial. The literal end of the story. It wasn't anything super formal either, as I was pleading guilty. There wouldn't be a trial of my peers or anything like that. The only thing to do was receive sentencing and find out what would happen to me from there.

I knew going into the job that something like this would have a wide reach and a worldwide impact. That was the overall goal, after all. However, it wasn't until we were pulling up to the courthouse that I realized just how big of an impact my bug had had.

People had lined the streets around the building carrying signs that either sided with me, thanked me, or condemned my meddling. Shouting rang out as the car passed by and people rushed the car, waiting for me to get out. Media outlets clogged the stairs leading from the front of the building into it, so much so that I actually had to be driven around to the back just to get inside the building.

The inside was just as busy as the outside had been and I was led past members of the press that were lucky enough to gain entrance to the building. Many of them yelled questions my way and held out small mics or even their phones trying to get a quote. The guards on either side of me kept me walking, never letting me stop.

The doors opened into the room where I would receive my sentencing and thankfully it was mostly empty. They must not have been allowing anyone else besides those involved any further, seeing as how I was to be receiving a reduced sentence for what I had done. They still had to set an example for the rest of the world.

I smiled shyly at Seungmin and Jeongin who were sitting in the front row, right behind where I would be. Then I saw the two other people standing next to them. I immediately started tearing up and had to pinch my arm just to get myself to stop. Felix, with his hand firmly in Hyunjin's, smiled wide at me as soon as he saw me.

On the other side of the room sat Changbin and Jisung. Since they were the main officers now on the case, they would be telling the story, giving any requested evidence, and providing the sentence recommendation. They were sitting behind a woman who would be representing the Nation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mavis nodded. "Why don't you catch me up on the boys. You haven't really brought them up a whole lot in the past couple of sessions."

I nodded. "Both are now Sophomores at Seoul National University. Seungmin is studying Communication and Jeongin is studying International Relations."

Mavis screwed her face up slightly. "Those majors both seem like a lot."

"Most definitely. I could never do either of those."

Mavis smirked. "No, but you could do something along the lines of computer science."

I shrugged. "Eh, going back to school now just seems like a lot."

"Totally get it. But, something to potentially keep in the back of your mind."

I shrugged again and she smiled. "What about Felix? And Hyunjin?"

I moved my legs out from under me. "They are both good. Felix has one last semester to go. And Hyunjin graduated about a year ago. They are still living together and everything seems to be going good there."

"Are you nervous about seeing them again? Outside of this environment."

I shook my head. "Not really. When they come to visit we talk and everything seems to be like it was. Felix even made brownies last time they visited."

"No more guilt there?"

"I think there will always be some guilt there, but I'm trying to get past it, and it seems like they have forgiven me so I don't think things will break down again."

"That's good. What about Lee Know?"

I began to fidget in my seat a bit, understanding where she wanted to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all loaded up into Lee Know's car and he drove us back into the city. It felt weird though. Lee Know was driving and I was squished in the back seat in between both boys, who refused to let the other have all my attention on the drive back. I even offered to sit in the front, but they vetoed that idea pretty quick.

The boys chatted for a bit on the way, and I stayed quiet listening to everything they were saying. I nodded and smiled when they said something funny, but I was honestly getting a bit overwhelmed.

Lee Know caught my eyes eventually and smiled. "Puppy, Fox, take a breath for a few minutes. Let your sister have a few minutes to process."

Jeongin looked back at me. "Oh, sorry Noona."

Seungmin took my hand. "We're going too fast."

I shook my head. "I'm just not used to all of the social interactions any more. Visiting times were so short. I'll get used to it again after a bit."

Seungmin leaned towards the door, my hand still in his. "Let me know when we get home." Then he shut his eyes.

Jeongin took my other hand, before taking his book out from the pocket in the back side of the front seat. I watched him for a bit then looked back up to the front.

Lee Know caught my eye again and I mouthed a thank you. He smiled and nodded slightly before his eyes returned to the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connected 2 You has officially started publishing. It updates every Friday at 12 am CST. You can find it on my page or by searching Connected 2 You. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy!