Expectation

Henry POV

I'm so glad to be home and I'm so happy to be on my way to see Layla. I have missed her so much, it's crazy how much after such a short amount of time but I have and I can't wait for her to be in my arms. As I pull up to her door, my heart beats so quickly, I knock and try the door knowing she would probably leave it open. As I walk in I don't see her anywhere but then I hear a noise coming from the bathroom. I walk in and see her leant over the toilet being sick.

"Layla?" I rush to her and rub her back up and down, she groans and continues to be sick. Once she's finished I hand her a cold flannel and she wipes her face and mouth, she sits back against the bath and groans.
"Are you okay?" She shakes her head and sighs "whats wrong? Did you eat something bad?"
She shakes her head again "no. God! This isn't how I wanted to tell you"
"Tell me what? Layla what's going on? Your worrying me"
She wipes her face again before standing and brushing her teeth.

Once she is clean, she turns and leans against the bathroom counter. Crossing her arms and taking a deep breath, she then reaches into the draw next to her as I stand in front of her and hands me a white stick. I look down and see pink lines.
"Does this mean?"
She nods "yeah. I'm pregnant Henry"
I'm in shock, I don't know what to say or do. She is staring at me with hope in her eyes and I don't know what to do.

Layla POV

He is just staring at it, he isn't saying a word. Nothing, no inkling of how he is feeling, his emotions none of it.
"Henry?"
He looks up and I that's when I see it, he doesn't want this. He doesn't want this baby or me.
"Layla.....i...."
I nod "it's okay. I get it, you can go Henry"
He shakes his head "no wait okay. I just.......this is a shock. A huge shock, I thought.......we were careful......you......i...."
"I know but sometimes things happen"
"Things? Layla a baby isn't a thing" he starts pacing back and forth "a baby is a life changing.......we've only been together a few months......i.......I just signed a 6 month contract......how....."

6 months. He would be away for 6 months filming, how would we even do this.
I nod and stand up straight "it's okay. I get it"
I walk away, feeling tears filling my eyes, I knew he would be shocked but I didn't expect this. I guess my love for him was stronger. I hear him walking after me but I continue to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and taking small sips.
"Layla?"
I turn and he sighs seeing the tears run down my cheeks. "I'm sorry. This is just....."
"It's too much. I know. But Henry I'm keeping this baby with or without you. So it's your decision to make. I won't force you to be apart of it's life or mine. I won't hate you either if you decide you can't do this"

I walk towards him, placing my hands on his cheeks "it's a big decision. So take your time"
"How can you be so calm right now?"
I shrug "I don't know. I guess being around grace and her illness, it made me realise life is short and things happen for a reason. This happened for a reason Henry and whatever you decide will be for a reason too and I'll except that, whatever it might be. But for now I think maybe you should go. Give us a little space"
"Layla I don't......I love you"
I smile "I love you too but sometimes love isn't enough"