A year

Henry POV

I open the door and see my mum standing there with a soft smile on her face "where is she?"
"She's in the bedroom, mum she is worn out and so stressed. She's having braxton hicks and I don't know what to do"
"Okay, just breath sweet boy"
She cups my cheeks and kisses my head "today is a hard day for her, I'm going to go see her okay" I nod and she walks past me to the bedroom, I look over at my dad who just pulls me into a hug.

"I can't believe it's been a year already, I don't know how Layla is going to get through today dad"
"She will because she has you by her side and us okay"
I nod and he holds me tighter, I'm trying to be strong for her but with the fundraiser, the baby being due any day and Gracie's 1 year anniversary of her death I don't understand how Layla is still standing. She is so much stronger then anyone realises.

Layla POV

I stand in the mirror, my dress struggling up my body and the tears falling. I'm so worn out, I'm mentally, physically and emotionally worn out and today. Today is the one day I need my shit together, I have to make this day special for Gracie and I have to make sure this fundraiser is successful. I hear a knock at the door and I whisper a low come in. I look up and see Marianne standing there.
"Oh honey"
She walks towards me and wraps her arms around me and I break down, me and Henry's mum get on so well, she took me under her wing the moment she met me.

"I'm sorry. It's just..."
"It's a lot and it's okay. Honey look at me"
I look up at her "your dealing with so much right now, and it's okay. Your allowed to feel the way you do. And I know your miss your niece, she would be so proud of you right now"
I sniff "I just want today to be perfect"
"I know sweetie, now this dress isn't really working is it?"
I shake my head "it's Gracie's favourite and I just....."
She nods i understand, I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine so why don't you let me take this, I'll work my magic and you go have a relaxing bath or shower okay?"

"Marianne..."
"Hey now! We've had this conversation, it's Ma or mum okay"
"Okay"
"Now you go relax and I'll be back soon"
"Thank you mum"
"Your very welcome. You just take care of yourself and my grandchild okay"
I nod and she walks out of the room while I head to the bathroom. I decide to take a shower because I don't think I could get in and out of the bath easily right now. I let the water run over me as my tears fall. I miss Gracie so much and I can't believe it's been a year already.

I feel arms wrap around me and I lean into him, he kisses my cheek "I'm here baby"
This makes me cry more, he knows how I feel because he feels it too. He had a connection with Gracie and he misses her just as much as I do.
"I miss her"
"I know sweetheart, I know. She would be proud of you. Your an amazing woman Layla, your an amazing auntie, an amazing girlfriend and your going to be an amazing mother"
This make me cry even more, I've been so scared of having this baby in case I screw it up just like my mum and dad did. But with Henry by my side and Gracie in my heart I feel like I could do anything.