Emotions

Layla POV

"Please baby, you've been kicking me all night and all morning, I'm begging you..." I put my hands on my stomach and look down "let mummy get some work done and then I need sleep. Please" I beg and the tears are falling. It's been such a rough few days and I haven't slept properly. I suddenly feel two hands wrap around my stomach and gently lift, I lean back and I instantly know who it is.
"Hey you, you need to let mummy rest. She deserves it"
I cry harder "Henry....."
"Hi baby" I lean more into him as he holds my stomach for me, relieving some of the pressure on my back.

I feel myself sobbing uncontrollably "sweetheart, it's okay. I'm here"
He gently lets go of my tummy and I turn around in his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in.
"I've missed you so much"
"I've missed you too baby, more then you can ever imagine"
I bury my head into his neck and just hold him and breath him in.
"Why don't you go have a bath and I'll sort all of this"
"I can't.....I have to"
"You have to take care of yourself and the baby. Please go have a bath"

"Okay" I lean up and kiss his soft pillowy lips and sigh "god I've missed that" I whisper and he smiles "me too. Now go"
I waddle off to the bathroom and run myself a wonderful bubble bath, I lay down in the water I feel my whole body relax. The baby stops kicking so hard and I feel the anxiety and stress just melt away. Henry was home and he would be here for when this baby arrived and I was so happy.

Henry POV

I've dealt with as much as I can for Layla, she was having trouble finding music for the event so I called a few people and I have managed to sort it, I've also sorted catering and even booked a few extra things for the kids. I make her a hot cup of tea and grab her favourite biscuits. As I walk into the bathroom, I see her engulfed in bubbles and she looks so relaxed. She turns and gives me a sleepy smile.
"Hey handsome"
"Hey sweetheart, you feeling better?"

"Yeah. The baby has finally calmed down and my back isn't breaking right now"
"Good"
"I think Ive been having some Braxton hicks as well"
"Why did you tell me?"
"Your were busy Henry I didn't want to disturb you"
"Hey" I cup her cheeks "I know I've been a dick in the past but I need you to know you can tell
Me anything okay. I need to know these things sweetheart"
I see the tears beginning again in her eyes and so I climb into the bath tube, fully clothed and kiss her face all over.

She giggles "your clothes are all wet"
"I don't care. I got you laughing that's all that matter to me"
She smiles "I love you so much"
"I love you too. Both of you"
I gently stroke her stomach and I feel the baby move from my touch. I smile widely as it's the first time I've really felt the baby move.
"Hey baby, it's your daddy. I know I've not been around and I'm so sorry but I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere for a long time"
I see the confusion on laylas face "long time? I thought...."

I shake my head "I've told them I'm not doing anything else for at least a year. I want to be here with you and with this little one. I don't want to miss anything"
"Oh Henry....."
I see her tears fall and I can't help but chuckle "happy tears?"
She nods and I pull her into another kiss before helping her out of the bath and down stairs. I order us some food and we relax on the sofa, where I tell her everything I've organised. She cries more happy tears and then we just hold each other, happy to be with each other again and I'm happy to be home. Where I belong.