Backround

1 year previous of Troy's death.

----------------------------------------

"Good morning!" My older sister Stephanie said to me as she walked into my room.

"I'm sleeping" I groaned

"Get up lil' girl" she laughed

"Stephanie, shouldn't you move out already? Your like 400 years old." I joked

"Actually, I'm 20. And I'm in collage so shut your trap and get up."

I got up reluctantly and wobbled into the bathroom. I pulled my hair out of a bun and messed with it until I got it brushed and put in a neat French braid. I slipped on a paid of leggings and a oversized green sweater with my last name printed on the back 'Wood'.

-

I went down the stairs and found my mom and dad sitting at the kitchen counter.

"You feeling any better today kiddo?" My mom asked me

"A lot better" I smiled in return.

"That's so good to hear kid." My dad started "because you never know when something like that will happen again."

A couple days ago, I stopped breathing. When my parents rushed me into the hospital, I was immediately put on a breathing treatment. When the doctors came to the conclusion that I had had a heart attack at 16, everyone was concerned about me. The doctors said that it could have been heart problems, but they weren't sure. I was released yesterday and am happy to be home.

I grabbed an apple from the bowl and sat down on the black leather sofa in our living room. My sister walked past me and poked my stomach.

"Nice rolls" she laughed at me referring to my not so flat belly.

"Shut up stephanie" I said pissed now.

"Chill Audrey it was a joke"

I rolled my eyes. I had never been the skinny girl. I had never been the fat girl either. I was 'average' as my mother would say, but I was never happy with the way my body looked. I became really insecure when I had a heart attack, because I thought it was because I was too fat. The doctors told me that it had nothing to do with my weight, and that I was a perfect 150 lbs. perfect 150 lbs my ass. In a perfect world, I would weigh 120 lbs like all my friends, but nope. This is reality people, and I'm not a stick like the rest of the female population, including my sister. I was always jealous of her. Always.

-

My phone vibrates in my pocket.

From: Brie Swanson

'Wanna go to Starbucks with me and Gab?'

To Brie

'Sure ill head over'

Brie Swanson and Gabbie Jensen were my best friends. I loved them to death. I grabbed my car keys and headed for my car.