Truth be told.

I look up at Sam.

"Sam?... Did you just-"

"I'm so sorry" He cut me off "I wasn't thinking, I didn't mean for that to happen... Oh my god! I'm so stupid! Troy just passed away and here I am kissing his fiancé!" He leaned against the door, looking at the ground.

"Sam it's-"

"No Audrey. It's not ok. I'm a horrible friend. Troy would of never forgiven me for this. I'm truly sorry. Troy? Buddy? Can you hear me? I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me."

Sam slid to the floor an put his head in his hands. I got up and sat next to him. I put my arm around him and said

"Sam, it's alright. Everybody makes mistakes."

He looked up at me, his face blotchy with red. He wiped his eyes and spoke

"You don't understand Audrey. Troy's the only one who would. He's the only one who knows..."

"Knows what?" I ask.

"Nothing." He said standing up.

"Sam! Tell me!"

"No"

He grabbed the door handle and quickly opened the door. He hurried out and closed it behind him. I slowly Got up and reopened the door. he was sitting on the couch, crying. I walked over to him. I sat next to him, causing the cushion to dip where I sat. I looked his straight into his eyes.

"Sam, please tell me. I can't stand not knowing, not now. I need to know everything."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

--------------

SAM POV

--------------

I closed my eyes and tried to remember. I tried my hardest to remember the first time I saw Audrey. She was with her friends at Starbucks, in America. I remember after we had left, me and Troy were in the car and he wouldn't stop talking about Audrey. He said he felt this kind of electricity between them, and some sort of instant connection. But little did he know... I felt the same. I never believed in love at first sight, but when I saw her, it all changed. I tried to play it cool because I could tell in the way Troy was smiling that he already had deep feelings for her. When we got back to our flat, I took him into my room an told him that I felt the same for Audrey, that she was any guys dream. We talked it out for a long time, and I decided it was time to let Troy go for the girl of his dreams. It was the hardest thing I think I've ever done, giving away the perfect girl to my best friend. I ended up going out on a few dates with Gabbie Jenssen, don't get me wrong, she's beautiful, funny, nice, caring, loving, outgoing, and the list could continue forever. She's the catch of the day for a guy. Or more or less, a guy that's not me. I loved spending time with Gabbie, but I felt that we had more of a best friend bond... And I told her that. And she agreed. We've been really close ever since. The problem here is that I've never gotten over audrey. Never. I always think of her. And when I kissed her... I felt as if everything Troy had ever worked for went down the drain. Troy was the best person I've ever met. He was my best friend and my brother. I could tell him anything. And he could tell me anything. And we did. And now thinking that I did such a foul thing as to kiss his one and only true love? His fiancé? What kind of person does something like that? Apparently Sam Hayes does. Because I did.