Remembering Romance

As I take off my TOMS Ethan makes himself at home on my sofa.

"Thirsty?" I ask while making a trip to the kitchen

"Nope, all good here"

I smile at him and he smiles back.

"So how have you been?"

"Pretty good, and even better now" he smirks at me. I laugh and sit across from him.

"So... How's your love life been?" I smile

"Decent but not great. I had a girlfriend named Dhyana but we broke up because she wasn't ready to settle down. She really liked attention form other guys even though she was with me"

"I'm sorry. I don't know how that feels"

"It's alright. I haven't had a relationship like ours since we broke up"

"What do you mean 'like ours' "

"I mean, we had a perfect relationship" Ethan started "we acted like brother and sister, and we were ourselves. That's the only thing I look for In A girl, to be herself. And your the only girl to ever meet my expectations."

I felt like he was describing me an troy's relationship. Me and Troy were meant to be. I started tearing up

"Audrey, are you okay?" Ethan asked concern flooded his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just still a wreck from when.." I took a deep breath, trying to hold back my tears "Troy left me, or I should say, gave his life for me"

Ethan put his hand on my shoulder,

"I'm sure he loved you. Your a guys dream... Of course he would want to save tou... But, from what? I might ask?"

"It's a really long story" I said

"I got time" he smiled

I giggled wiping away my tears.

"It all started about 4 years ago... I was in my room----"

My voice trailed off telling him the story of me and Troy as briefly as I could without taking hours to tell it.

------

"Wow. What a guy... And a lucky one too. To have you, and to be able to do such a romantic thing"

"Romantic?!" I almost screamed "Ethan, you think that was romantic?! I lost the love of my life over my heart conditions! How is that romantic?!"

"Audrey, I'm sorry I I upset you. I didn't mean romantic as in buying you flowers for your anniversary but romantic as in, what an inspiring story. A heroic fairy tale of a couple meant to be but separated by issues beyond their control. It's the perfect mix of love, happiness, and heartbreak. I can see the movie now... Last words and new beginnings !" He said gesturing his hands like the title was plastered on a billboard. I laughed.

"Thanks for the idea Ethan but I don't think I want a movie about my life coming out anytime soon"

"Worth a shot" he said smiling at me. I smiled back. I stated into his hazel eyes and he looked back at me. He slowly started to lean in.

This wasn't wrong... Was it? No. I'm not actually with Sam... And he's been ignoring me. Troy would want this... Right? Sam obviously doesn't want me because he hasn't been taking to me... And Ethan seems to really want me back... He appreciates me, wants to be with me again. I want to know the feeling of love again, but I can't help feeling guilty about it.

As soon as my lips collide with his, the front door swings open.