#0019

"Ma." Lapis started as he walked in with a piece of paper in his hand. Zimri turned to him, quickly sitting up straight. "What is it?" She asked. "It says here there's a spot open for about two weeks from now." Lapis explained setting the paper down on her desk. "Hmm, you think EnvyxStar would like the venue?" Zimri asked.

"I don't see why not." Lapis replied looking out of the window. The moon seemed brighter than usual. Zimri moved her hair out of the way as she stood up. Zimri and Lapis had worked to patch up their past over the past few years. Zimri came to terms with herself, and Lapis found a way to forgive himself for the things he did. Though out of all them he didn't once regret killing his father.

"Hey, are you sure about helping them out?" Lapis asked concerned for his mother's well being. Zimri set the paper in a white folder and sighed. "For one its my job. On the other hand I've been having contact with them since I saw them play at a small venue." Zimri replied as she looked at Lapis with a smile. "I don't think they have the intention of hurting me." Lapis looked down at the ground in guilt. Even though they worked on themselves for years, Lapis still had some lingering feelings. The doubt crossed his mind every once in a while. Especially when it came to his mother.

Lapis felt almost as if the world was crumbling around him and no one knew but him. He felt as if his mouth had been shattered and he could no longer speak. Zimri set a hand on his shoulder softly. "Don't worry my son. I won't let anything happen to us or hurt us ever again." His mother gently pulled him into a hug, gently caressing his hair. The warmth of his mother comforted Lapis. "I know its been hard on you. After all I left you alone with no one to confide in."

"I want to go out again!" Lapis pouted as he crossed his arms in anger. Zimri sat next to him, an exhausted sigh escaping her mouth. "Lapis, I'll take you out when I have time." She said firmly. Lapis turned to his window, seeing as kids with their parents filled the streets. Their smiles, their laughter, their happiness, was something Lapis had always envied. Lapis let his arms fall as he slid closer to the window away from his mother.

"But you never have time." He spoke quietly. Lapis watched as everyone smiled together and held hands. "Why can't we be like that?" Lapis asked pointing out the window at a couple who was holding their child's hand. The couple noticed and waved at the boy. Zimri's face filled with sadness. "Lapis?" She started as her voice shook. Lapis looked over to his mom. The painful smile on her face, her trembling lips, and her bruised hands, were something Lapis couldn't forget. "Please forgive me." Zimri spoke holding him tightly. "I'm sorry." She apologized over and over again until she could no longer speak.

Why are you crying?

I never understood it back then. Though, when I did, I couldn't break free from the guilt. 

Lapis pulled away from his mother, just as she did. "Now lets go prepare." Zimri smiled.

"RAD is so excruciatingly boring..." Y/n yawned as she stretched her arms nearly hitting Leviathan in the face. "Watch it." He muttered slouching a bit himself. "Sooo where do we go?" Y/n asked setting her arms back to her sides. "Uh somewhere called home." Leviathan replied receiving a giggle from the demon. "But its FRIDAY, FRIDAY Levi lets do something fun." Y/n smiled up at him. "Like what?" Leviathan questioned. "How about a carnival?" Y/n asked.

"Wayyy too many people." Leviathan shuddered. "But come on! The ferris wheel!" Y/n whined. Leviathan looked down at her and sighed. "Okay but only for a bit." Y/n jumped into the air as her body suddenly had a burst of energy. Leviathan smiled at her but deep down he knew it was just a facade.

Why won't you come to me?

As they walked through the entrance the shouting of little kids filled the air. Along with the smell of overly greasy food. Lights lit up the entire place. "Hey lets go to the merry-go-round." Y/n said dragging Levi along with her. "I can walk on my own thank you very much." Leviathan pouted as Y/n shot him a playful smile.

"Y/n turn around you'll fall." Leviathan desperately tried to get Y/n to listen. "No I won't." Y/n crossed her arms as she looked at Levi. The orange lights lit up their faces along with the rest of the demons on the ride. Levi's eyes were brighter than ever. "D-Don't stare at me so much." Leviathan muttered turning to his side. "Ahaha sorry." Y/n apologized finally turning around. Y/n looked down. She wanted to forget about everything for a while. But, it was proving to be hard.

The ride had suddenly stopped. "Where do we go next?" Leviathan asked helping Y/n off. "Your hands are always so warm." Y/n commented. "Are they?" Levi asked looking at his hand. Y/n nodded. "Should we just get on the ferris wheel now?" Y/n asked. "Sure." Leviathan agreed as they headed off towards the ride. Inside the ride the two looked out. "From this view the Devildom sure is pretty." Y/n spoke admiring the view.

"Yeah." Leviathan spoke staring at Y/n. Y/n looked at him embarrassed. "What?" She asked covering her cheeks. "You've been a bit.." Leviathan thought for a moment. "How should I put it?" He questioned. Y/n looked out into the distance again. "You're keeping things to yourself." Leviathan called her out. Y/n slightly laughed. "You say that so confidently." Leviathan frowned wanting her to look at him. "Am I wrong?" He asked trying to look at her face. The little smile Y/n held on her face disappeared.

Looking down at her lap she slowly started to speak. "Not really." Leviathan looked at her worriedly. "I'm just a bit worried about the concert." She lied laughing it off. Though Leviathan wasn't having it. "Why won't you talk to me?" Leviathan asked feeling a bit disappointed. Y/n sighed getting tired of the topic at once. "I've already dragged you through enough. There's no reason for me to do it again." Y/n spoke. "But isn't that what I did to you?" Leviathan questioned. Y/n stayed quiet. Leviathan slightly smiled and began attempting to make an effort.

"Well I won't pry it out of you but," Leviathan glanced at Y/n who continued to stare at her lap. "You know, I don't think I'd be able to handle places like these if it hadn't been for you. I don't think I'd ever be making music much less performing live. You made me see things I hadn't seen before, you opened up a new world for me, and it helped me grow." Leviathan spoke. Y/n fiddled with her fingers. "I know this may sound cheesy and like a normie thing to say, but I want to help you find a world like that too." Leviathan slightly blushed and cringed at what he'd just said.

Y/n suddenly leaned into Leviathan startling him for a split second. "Hey-!" Leviathan calmed down, staring at the top of Y/n's head. "Does a world like that truly exist?" Y/n muttered. Leviathan put his arm down only to find his hand on top of Y/n's. "If you wanted to hold hands you could have just asked." Y/n let out a small laugh. "T-that's not-" "I know." Y/n quickly interrupted. "But can you maybe hold on to it for a bit?" She asked. Leviathan's heart raced as he slowly placed his fingers in between Y/n's. Holding Y/n's hand Levi took deep breaths. Y/n lifted her head up to look in the distance.

Leviathan looked at her. Watching as her eyes reflected the lights from the ride. "Hey." Leviathan spoke. Y/n looked at him with a small smile.

"You are sincerely the light of my life."