Chapter 20

As the group gathered in a discreet location, Lyra relayed the crucial information she had acquired from the shady figures in the alley. The mention of the spice deal happening in the old abandoned warehouse in the Industrial Sector caught their attention.

"Vossk," Vek muttered, his eyes narrowing. "If we can get to him, he might spill the location of Raze."

Jax cracked his knuckles, a predatory grin spreading across his face. "Intimidation is our specialty. I'll make sure he talks."

Terentous remained silent, his mind already envisioning the confrontation to come. The prospect of facing Black Sun head-on excited him, igniting the flames of his dark power. He relished the thought of instilling fear and chaos in their ranks.

Lyra, her confidence radiating, outlined the plan. "We'll approach the warehouse under the guise of potential buyers. If we play our cards right, we can use intimidation tactics to force Vossk's hand."

Vek nodded in agreement. "We need to make him believe that it's in his best interest to cooperate. Show him that the consequences of silence will be far worse than revealing Raze's whereabouts."

Kira's gaze lingered on Vek, concern flickering in her eyes. She knew the risks involved, but she trusted Vek's judgment.

With their plan set, the group prepared to make their move. Each member embraced their respective roles, harnessing their unique strengths. The warehouse loomed before them like a den of secrets, a place where the fate of their mission would be decided.

As they approached the entrance, the tension in the air thickened. The adrenaline coursed through their veins, fuelling their determination. The time for subtlety had passed; now, it was time to assert their dominance.

Terentous' eyes gleamed with an ominous glow as the dark side surged within him. He flexed his fingers, ready to unleash the power that lay dormant within his being. The anticipation of a confrontation, of bending the will of their enemies, coursed through his veins like a drug.

Together, the group stepped into the dimly lit warehouse, their presence exuding confidence and menace. Their hearts beat in unison, pulsating with a shared objective—to extract the information they sought from Vossk and bring their hunt for Raze Droma one step closer to its end.

The battle of wills was about to begin, and the echoes of their determination reverberated within the desolate walls of the warehouse. They would not be denied.

The warehouse buzzed with an air of anticipation as the private auction began. The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows over the rows of chairs filled with potential buyers. On one side sat the group—Terentous, Lyra, Vek, Kira, and Jax—united in their purpose. On the other side, an eclectic mix of individuals, each with their own agenda.

As the bidding commenced, the group strategically drove the price of the spice higher, pushing their competitors to their limits. Lyra skilfully weaved her words, enticing others to drop out of the race with her persuasive charm. Terentous remained silent, a brooding presence exuding an aura of power that made some uneasy.

The other buyers, a motley crew of desperate souls and seasoned criminals, grew increasingly frustrated with the relentless competition posed by the group. They exchanged glances filled with annoyance and muttered curses under their breath, realizing that the spice was slipping through their fingers.

Whispers and murmurs filled the room as the price climbed, each increment met with calculating gazes and deliberation. The tension in the air was palpable, a volatile mix of anticipation and frustration. The group's determination was unyielding, fuelled by the knowledge that this was more than just a bid for spice—it was a means to an end.