Chapter 29

Cognus stepped through the imposing entrance of the old alliance base on Odessen, her eyes surveying the vast chamber that once served as the heart of the Alliance's operations during the war against the Eternal Empire. The remnants of the fierce battles fought within these walls were evident, yet the grandeur and resilience of the base remained. Once a symbol of hope and unity, it had transformed into the capital of the Eternal Alliance. Now, it stood as a silent witness to history, holding secrets and treasures that could shape the destiny of those who sought them.

As she ventured deeper into the bowels of the old alliance base, a palpable energy pulsed through the Force, drawing her closer to her coveted prize. She could feel the presence of the holocron, its power resonating within her, beckoning her to approach. It seemed to dare her to step forward, a silent challenge that warned of the risks that awaited her. But Cognus was undeterred, her determination fuelled by the promise of the knowledge and strength that lay within. With each step, she could almost taste the forbidden fruit of ancient Sith wisdom, tempting her to claim it.

Cognus stood before the entrance to the chamber that housed the holocron of Darth Vitiate, her mind awash with thoughts of the ancient Sith Lord. She knew that Vitiate, also known as the Sith Emperor, had possessed an unparalleled mastery of the dark side of the Force. His hunger for power had made him a force to be reckoned with.

The knowledge contained within his holocron held the secrets to achieving a level of power that surpassed anything the rule of two Sith had ever achieved. Cognus believed that by attaining this power, she and her chosen apprentice would elevate the new Sith Order to unprecedented heights. With the combined wisdom of Darth Bane and Darth Vitiate, they would fulfil the Sith's ultimate plan.

She cautiously made her way through the chamber, stepping over debris and remnants of what was once a thriving Sith archive. The room was a shadow of its former glory, with shattered shelves and broken artifacts scattered about. Amongst the rubble, she spotted the holocron, nestled among the fallen stones, defiantly preserved despite the passage of time and the destruction that had befallen the base.

As she gingerly picked up the holocron, a surge of excitement coursed through her. Its smooth, obsidian surface felt cool against her fingertips, and she could sense the powerful presence emanating from within. It was as if the holocron itself had weathered the storms of history, patiently waiting for it's a worth successor to claim its knowledge and tap into its hidden power.

As Cognus opened the holocron, a surge of dark energy filled the air, and she felt a presence looming over her. She looked up to find the spirit of Darth Vitiate materializing before her, his form shifting and transforming with an unsettling fluidity. His piercing gaze fixed upon her, his eyes burning with an ancient malevolence.

The spectral figure shifted from a regal Sith male, radiating power and authority, to an elderly-looking human with weathered features, as if burdened by the weight of countless years. Then, his appearance twisted further, taking on a sickly, emaciated form, his sunken cheeks and hidden face concealed beneath a tattered hood. The transformation continued in a never-ending cycle.

She stood in awe and trepidation, aware that she had awakened an entity of immense darkness and complexity. She could feel the weight of Darth Vitiate's presence, his knowledge, and his insatiable hunger for power, even in death. It was a daunting sight, but she steeled herself, knowing that she possessed the will and ambition to harness this ancient Sith's essence and bend it to her own desires.

As the shifting forms of Darth Vitiate settled into the image of the regal Sith male, his voice echoed in Cognus' mind, reverberating with an eerie resonance. "Ah, you have awakened me from my slumber," he spoke, his tone laced with a mixture of gratitude and curiosity. "Tell me, why have you ventured into the depths of this forgotten place? What drives you to seek the power I possess?"