057. 'but my knees were far too weak'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺

༻⊰❂⊱༺

LVII. THE DAY SETTING FIRE TO THE RAIN SEEMS EASY

━━━━━━

"Watched it pour as I touched your face

Well, it burned while I cried"

         PERCY HAD A LOT OF weird dreams in his lifetime. It was like he lived to merely receive odd dreams. There were instances in which his dreams would consist of some imminent danger, or maybe some future stuff — hell, maybe it would be about gods, that wasn't implausible — oh! You know, recently, he'd been having dreams about a life with Dodie, where she owned a florist like she had always wanted while he did whatever that got him money. In those dreams, he never really cared for anything, for to him, as long as Dodie was there, life would be perfect either way — those types of dreams were usually his favourites — but that's not the point.

The point was: that he never would have thought he would have a dream about his enemy's past. That was never a part of Percy's Demigod BINGO card. But hey, he guessed a lot of things that were going on were not supposed to be a part of his BINGO card. You know, like dying at sixteen.

Haha.

Anyway, while he appreciated a lot of things, he did not appreciate having May Castellan's screaming bloody murder in his ears when it was supposed to be a dream — really, it was really making him wonder whether any of the gods understood the meaning of dreams. It was getting annoying. But that happened and that triggered him to wake up from his dream. Good riddance.

Percy sat up so fast that he had banged his head on something so hard that it was like a rock —

"OW!"

"Why are you screaming? I'm the one that got knocked!" Dodie was toppled over on top of a cushion, rubbing her forehead with a whine. "What is your head made of? Rock?" she scowled.

Ah, it made sense. There wasn't a head harder than Dodie's.

He rubbed his head, trying to dispel the disturbing images from his dream. Actually, now a lot of things were making a lot of sense to him: May Castellan had tried to become the Oracle. She hadn't known about Hades's curse preventing the spirit of Delphi from taking another host. Neither had Chiron or Hermes. They hadn't realized that by trying to take the job, May would be driven mad, plagued with fits in which her eyes would glow green and she would have shattered glimpses of her child's future —

"Percy?" Annabeth asked, concern etching her features. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Percy replied, shuddering at the memory of the dream. Then he noticed Dodie's presence.