18.

CHAPTER 17

Y/n couldn't help but be restless, who would be? She was having problem after problem. She just wanted to go back to her world and yet for some unknown reasons, troubles kept pulling her in their realm.

And the latest trouble was... Sukuna being in love with her.

"Come on... there should be something I can do!" Y/n growled while her eyes kept darting from left to right as she read a book in the library. Her hair was in a tight messy bun and her eyes had dark circles underneath it because she had been awake for straight two whole days and nights trying to find anything in the library that would help her situation.

"You have not slept yet," Sukuna's gentle voice caught her attention. Her muscles stiffened for she was not used to hearing him that way. She was used to his growl, his roaring, his cursing... "Do you want me to help you?" He asked again.

"No, this is my problem..." she smiled as sweet as she possibly could so as not to make any suspicion. Though her appearance looked like a mad witch.

"You know, you could just ask me. I know more than this whole library can offer you." He stepped inside and closer to her before he plopped down beside her. "You looked so pretty..." he smiled the second he saw her mess.

"What the actual fuckery is this!?" Y/n screamed internally as she scooted away. "J-Just go on with your day, leave me alone."

"It appears that you are looking for some antidote about a bewitching object..." Sukuna hummed as he scanned all the open books in the library. "Are you still going on about me being bewitched to fall in love with you?" there was a hint of sadness in his voice but Y/n didn't pay any attention to it.

"Yes. Sukuna, when I find any antidote,and heal you, I promise you, you will vomit from all the things you said and done." Y/n shoved her nose back to the book.

Sukuna let out a deep sigh before answering, "Forget about antidotes, Y/n. You're wasting your time."

"Why is that?"

"Bewitching objects are not real."

"No. No, it's as real as you and me." She rolled her eyes. Why won't she believe that it was just a hoax when he was there as a living proof that it was real.

"No, it's not. Bewitching objects were nothing but a bunch of lies, even I couldn't make any of it even if I wanted to and I am a powerful sorcerer."

"What do you mean—"

"Love potions or anything related to making someone fall in love with you is just a hoax. Anyone would surely buy it since everyone wanted to feel loved." Sukuna looked her dead in the eyes. "But the truth is, love is the most complex feeling, that no one could possibly make their own definition and put it on someone else's head then say that's love. Love is different to anyone, so no one could have made it."

"But what if there really is?"

"It can cause war and chaos. Love is different to anyone, so if someone made a love potion and it was used on someone whose love language is roughness, what do you think will happen if that person's love interest's love language is softness?" He explained. "One will surely die."

Y/n's e/c orbs were nailed on Sukuna's hazel ones. Her mouth was agape as she listened to his wisdom. He was right, love is not a sickness you can heal by drinking medicine, just the same as building it with just a piece of linen.

"Then..." she trailed off. "What do you think happened to you? That kimono was said to—"

"Y/n," Sukuna sighed. "That kimono is indeed bewitched... to make someone open up their hearts and tell the deepest secrets someone is feeling about you like how the alcohol opens up the hearts of the drunkards. And it didn't make me fall in love with you..."