27

CHAPTER 27

Time didn't wait for Y/n so she could learn. The committee she was now holding didn't spend her time to even teach her about anything, for they say the 'Head Strategian should be more knowledgeable than any of them'.

She knew she had no escape from her duty now; she had no one to help her but herself; however, Satoru was there to support her by explaining things about ancient times her modern mind couldn't comprehend.

She had to take it seriously, because she knew that there were lives at stake. The weight of lives she was shouldering was not the same weight of the chess pieces.

"Fuck me..." Y/n cursed to herself as those realization donned her mind.

"Oh... maybe when Sukuna turned me back to human. It would be rather awkward when you are doing it with a cat." Satoru blurted from her lap.

Y/n's eyebrow twitched as she rubbed his head aggressively, "You little shi—" now that she thought about it, Sukuna was nowhere to be found and he hadn't returned since he left.

She took the privilege to take her break to find Sukuna while Satoru waited there, reading more scrolls so he could explain things better to Y/n when she returned whereas Mieruko brought him his own snack.

"Thanks for taking after Y/n, Master Gojo." Mieruko bowed, holding the tray of food. "I know she was not in her right mind when she challenged the previous Head Strategian, yet you are still there to support her all the way. But..."

"You don't think Y/n can do this, do you?"

Mieruko dropped her eyes on the floor, "I mean, just look at her, she lacked knowledge in every aspect."

"Mieruko, remember this. Opportunity won't come your way if you're not deserving."

"Yes—"

"And if you are still in doubt of your own capabilities, then hone it till you can tell yourself you deserve it." There was a hint of a smile on Satoru's cat lips.

Mieruko was a doubter. But she never intended to doubt Y/n's capabilities, she was just doubting her own. Even though Y/n won the game in a fluke, even though she was assigned as advisor on a whim... could she still be called that opportunity?

"You are the advisor I guess?" Satoru asked.

"Ah, yes!" Mieruko chirped that she didn't realize that she was being called.

"An advisor should be more knowledgeable than the Head Strategian, am I correct?"

"Y-Yes..." her shoulders dropped.

"Wrong. The advisor should see the pros and cons of each plan and give the strategians a benefit of the doubt. You don't have to be correct, you just have to doubt."

On the other hand, Y/n was searching the whole manor for Sukuna since she couldn't find him in his bedroom. She went to the garden, the kitchen, courtyard, and even to Satoru's chamber, but there was no sign of him.

"Where could he be?" she mumbled to herself as she trod outside to ask someone from the laundry ladies.

She trudged towards them but she overheard something that made her paused:

"Did you see Sukuna?"

"Uh-huh... he is kind of... hot, you know?" giggles erupted.

"Me too!"

"Stop that. His miasma is working on you, you must not submit to his desires."

"But that Y/n..."