2

The uniform above is from the anime Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Just a hint on what Y/n was wearing as servant's clothes, but then... it's all up to you!

CHAPTER 2

Where the hell am I?

That's what was going on in Y/n's head when she finally saw the outside of the Minka. When she first went there, the Minka was just small, almost ancient looking but now it was a grandiose estate. Bonsai plants were all around the estate with ponds filled with koi fish.

And a lot of people were dressed with smudges of dirt as they carried water, firewood, and even livestock. There were also those who wore a decent kimono, but most of what she saw were people who dressed like...

"Why am I wearing the same thing as these people?" Y/n looked at her attire, it was like a kimono but in a much worn out, disheveled state. A servant's uniform.

"Y/n, will you please get Master Gojo's breakfast, we don't want him angry first thing in the morning." Another female said to Y/n while walking past her, holding a bucket of water.

Who the hell is that Gojo? She thought in her mind. But soon her thoughts were interrupted when a forceful yanked pulled her from her trance.

"Y/n, will you please." Mieruko almost growled at her. "The breakfast is ready, all you have to do is to deliver it to our master." She then pushed Y/n to the kitchen where the tray of what it seems to be the breakfast of their master laid.

Okay, all I have to do is give it to him. And then... what?

She shook her head and took the tray, trod to nowhere. The place was the same as the minka she knew, but it was more vibrant than what she could remember. The colors of the tatami mats were more vivid as it's newly woven.

She was in the middle of sauntering when she realized she had been standing in front of the door with the same painting of a fox, this time, the fox's details were brighter and more intense. It was more terrifying yet breath-taking.

Her mouth was agape as she looked at it. Her mind wondered if this was the place where she would finally see who the fox her gran'ma was telling her about.

"Nah, that's not true." She cleared her throat and went to open the door without even bowing or saying any pardon. She looked around the room and it was...clean. And beyond that room was another open sliding door with the view of a pond with a bamboo flanking on the rock from time to time.

Nothing was around except the short-legged table in the middle of the room with parchment, ink, brush, and a... cat.

A huge white cat.

She tilted her head as she looked at the cat and it was staring back at her. Its blue eyes were really captivating, watching her every move as its fluffy tail wiggled slowly. The cat's size was unusually big but it was not scary at all.

"Excuse my intrusion," she said as she entered. She put the tray of food down on the table, slightly far from the cat as she didn't want to be scolded for having the master's food filled with fur.

She kneeled beside the table, face to face with the cat who was watching her. She doesn't know if she should leave or wait for the master to arrive or what. But for the meantime, she was intrigued by this cat.

"Hi," she cooed with a sweet smile. "Can I pet you?" she asked sweetly, the same way she talked to any other pets she came around.

The cat tilted its head before it purred as a sign of approval which made her heart flutter. To her, that was one of the nicest things could be, to be liked by animals. Her fingers traced the white fur of the cat and it was really soft. Her heart warmed the longer she touched the cat and by the looks of it, the cat was enjoying her touch too.