29

CHAPTER 29

"You did well..." Sukuna muttered as Y/n walked out of the conference room right after she denied them the delight of her backing down from the position.

She was pouting all the way from the meeting room to the library where she opened a book and proceeded to study. Completely unaware of Sukuna's words.

Sukuna on the other hand, tilted his head with confusion, "Y/n?"

But Y/n's nose was still pressed on the book, eyes darting from left to right.

Sukuna tried to get her attention but she remained stagnant. Though he didn't want to leave her side now that he finally got a solo time with her without that disgusting white cat. He poofed into a red panda and squeezed himself in between her bosom and the book.

Y/n came face to face with a round, fluffy face of a red panda with its little tongue sticking out as it gave her a quick lick on her chin.

"Sukuna..." she gasped in delight. "Sorry, I was just too occupied." She then closed the book and hugged the chubby panda, burying her face on its apple-scented fur.

"I understand." He patted her head with his little paws. "But why are you so adamant about this? It is really stressing you out, you should just resign."

"Should I?" Y/n thought. "No, there's something holding me back from surrendering this mess." She looked at his beady eyes.

She can't let them leave this man alone.

"Y/n?" Sukuna's words caught Y/n's attention once again.

"O-Oh? What is it?" She blinked twice. Her mind was too occupied to even notice his voice.

"I mean, I promised you that if you did great on your presentation I will give you more..." Sukuna mumbled, barely handling her gaze. However, there was only confusion in her eyes. "You know, last night...?"

Sukuna received no answer but that confused stare. He thought that she must have forgotten about it since he was sure that she was exhausted when he did it. But a part of him was having the doubt that she would really forget something like that.

Could she really be able to forget something so pleasurable like that?

But he didn't push the topic since perhaps, he didn't make such an impression to be remembered.

"Sukuna, you shouldn't be jealous of Satoru, okay?" Y/n smiled. "We're just study buddies, there's nothing between us."

With a deep sigh, Sukuna realized that she indeed forgot it. "I know that." He then nuzzled his on her lap.

Black Lion will not wait for her and give her time to study...

She knew that from the very start.

But still she had no choice.

She kept pressing on.

She used every means to learn things she had no idea ever existed, she studied different techniques about offense and defense, read books about lost wars and won battles. It would be a real disaster, lives would be lost but that was how war was, there was no winner.

But despite that fact, she would not let Sukuna face that Black Lion alone.

She poured her time studying (unbothered by the fact that no one was taking her will seriously) to the point that people started to think that she was being too arrogant and since she barely had time to mingle with them. There were also times where ignored people around her not because she wanted to but rather she was exhausted to the point where she didn't even notice herself in the mirror.