33

CHAPTER 33

Y/n was running. Heaving and panting as she chased something.

But...

She was running to... where?

What was the reason she was running again? She knew she was looking for something. But what was it? She couldn't remember why she was running for her life.

All she could see was the ragged, wooden floor beneath her. The lines made by the spaces between each floor board looked endless even after numerous steps she did.

She remembered these types of floor to be loud if someone was running but it seemed like it was all silent. She could hear nothing because her ears were deafened by the ringing in her head.

A loud ring that instantly made her halt and grip her head tight as she felt the vibration reverberating in her brain.

She was slowly losing her balance. Her vision began to grow darker to the point that she could barely see her surroundings.

"Is there anyone..." she said it loudly, that was what she thought but nothing came to her aid other than the rough skin of the tree that made contact with her hand when she searched for something to hold on.

But some small force seemed to guide her to sit on the huge protruded root of a tree.

"What am I doing here?" She mumbled as her eyes became adjusted to her new environment.

She was now outside the suffocating manor and at the backyard where the towering, fruit-bearing trees could be found.

"We found you walking like a drunk man so we thought we should guide you here." Said by the voice of a kid.

Y/n found a pair of round, innocent, blue eyes of a boy looking at her with his bright yellow hair limply flattened on his forehead. The boy has cute whiskers on his cheeks.

"We?" Y/n looked around and saw herself staring at a dark gray puppy that was happily wagging its tail.

The boy took a seat beside her and asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine now..." Y/n forced up a smile. She would never let a kid feel what she was feeling right now.

"Here. Eat. Most of the time I feel dizzy too and I walk like a drunk man whenever I'm hungry." The blonde kid handed her a red apple that was bigger than his own hands.

That apple...

She was not feeling hungry at all. She had lost all her appetite but how could she deny the simple request of a kid who was just concerned about her well-being?

"Thank you." She replied, taking the apple and forcing herself to take a bit.

"How was the taste?"

Bitter...

"It's really sweet. Where did you get it?" She smiled.

The boy grinned and put his forefinger up, beckoning Y/n to look up and saw the red apples hanging on the branches of the tree above them.

"I usually get apples from this tree because they are the sweetest from all fof the other trees around here." The boy said happily while swaying his feet beneath him as he took a big bite off the fruit. "Pinkman too mostly gets apples from here."

"Pinkman?" she blinked twice.

"Yes, the tall man with pink hair. He was really weird, he had these markings all over his body. And I heard a lot of bad stories about him."