36

CHAPTER 36

Sukuna's eyes widened when he heard her. His furrowed brows and tightly closed eyes loosened. He was sure that he only thought about it, so he was sure he never mumbled or anything at all.

She smirked wickedly before she put her hands on her knees to support herself as she stood up, peering down on him, "It's plastered on your face, doll." She gave him one last glance before she pivoted her heels and turned her back on him.

Sukuna was having his own dilemma from what he just realized. If his assumption was true then not only his Y/n would be in danger but this Y/n as well. His pupils tremble from the insane thought that crossed his mind.

"Wait!"

Y/n who was near the other side of the perfect cube room halted, she then turned her head to look at him from her shoulder though she didn't speak.

"You are in danger." Sukuna said in one breath. It was not the time to feel scared and be meek. "You need to go to the Gojo Estate and talk to Y/n— the head strategist."

This made Y/n look back at him with utter fury in her eyes. "Who are you to tell me what to do—"

"Please! I beg you." Sukuna pleaded. "Just listen to me this time and I will do everything you want."

Y/n's eyes grew wide when she saw how desperate that plea was. She had never thought in her entire existence that Sukuna would do such a thing. But she was not the same gullible woman she was, she had learned everything about him in the worst way. He would lie if he wanted to and she would not fall for his tricks ever again.

She focused her eyes on the wall in front of her and a black shadow appeared that seemed to be the only way out in that desolate room, a foot had stepped on that smoke when a hand grabbed her other ankle.

"Fissure in time!" Sukuna yelled.

Y/n's wrath raised through the roof. She then raised her other foot and was about to kick the crawling god. "What are you—"

"You are not from this time." Sukuna said that halted Y/n from kicking him. "You are from here. You are not the present nor the past. You are from the parallel world."

Y/n creased her brows, "What parallel are you talking about— I am from this world. I was born in this and I will die in this."

"Y/n. You said you were captured by me when you crossed the mountain to flee from the terrorist. I did not know anything about that. I swear to you, we met when you were sent as appeasement." He said with absolute desperation.

At this point Y/n's head began to swirl with thoughts. Was he lying? Was he trying to trick her? Was he telling the truth? What was it?

He removed his hand from her ankle and remained kneeling on the floor where he had to crane his neck to meet hers. "Have you seen something strange like thunder where it severes nothing?"

"A thunder severed nothing? Are you out of your mind?"

"Maybe I am. But please, answer me."

Y/n searched from the back of her mind if there was something like that ever happened. "Nothing, I saw nothing like that," she said firmly.

"Just think, think more. Maybe a cave of light? A crack that appeared in front of you? A swirling light? Anything please!"

Y/n's attention was captured when he mentioned a crack that appeared out of nowhere. She had never mentioned it to anyone, "H-How did you know about the crack?" her firm voice that never faltered, quivered for the first time.