16

CHAPTER 16

"Get it together, will you?! We're not going to make it if you are such a wimp!" Sukuna barked at Y/n who was heaving like a madman at the steps.

"If you want to get that bad, just run up ahead. You have twice as many feet than I am." She growled back as she rolled her eyes at him. "You'll get there a lot faster."

Sukuna glared at her but soon jumped off of the basket from impatience since it's been 40 minutes and yet they haven't reached the top of the stairs where this Shrine of Eternal Seer could be found.

Sukuna ran up ahead, leaving her alone. And he left her like that. "That insolent bitch!"

Sukuna ran upwards, his tiny feet were bouncing on the paved stairs like little fluffy ping-pong balls leaving Y/n slumped on the steps. It would have been a lot easier if he could use his power to get there but in that form, all he could do was to run like the rabid animal he was.

The moment he got on the top of the steps, he was greeted by a well-kept gold and red shrine that didn't really stand out from the other shrines in the whole country yet it was still pretty amazing. Though there were dry leaves lying around, the place didn't look like it was abandoned.

"Seer!" Sukuna shouted trying to call the child they just saw earlier but he received nothing in return but a gush of wind. He walked around to find someone but was an absolute failure.

"I came to talk to you." He said in a loud voice to let whoever there know that he was here. "I have dreamt of..." He paused as he reminisced the dream he had with the woman with three eyes and white hair but he couldn't bring himself to say that outloud for there must be someone out there that shouldn't be listening. "I need your oracle—"

"What is your offering..." an old man's voice was heard from behind him. It was not a question but rather a warning.

Sukuna looked back only to see a hooded figure of a man, where the hood was completely covering the face of that man... no, it was not a human. The hands that were exposed on the sleeves of the hood were too grim, too horrid like it was a decaying meat slowly peeling off from the bones.

"Offering..." Sukuna muttered and narrowed his eyes. He didn't know that the Seer was collecting offerings. "I have communicated with the Seer before and he didn't require anything from me."

"Time flies—Malevolent Sorcerer— things change..."

Sukuna could see the frown in the man's rotten lips that was barely exposed under the veil. "Is that a living sacrifice I see? The Seer would be glad to have your offerings, Sukuna," he bemused.

Sukuna tilted his head from confusion since as far he knew, he didn't bring any offerings nor a living sacrifice, "I did not—"

"The girl by the steps will be put in proper use. Come, I shall guide you to the Seer—"

"What girl are you—" Sukuna halted when he finally realized what he was talking about 'the girl by the steps'. The only one he left by the stairs was a girl named Y/n."No. She's not an offering nor a living sacrifice, that woman is mine and you will not lay a finger on her."

"Hmm... amusing..." The man rubbed his chin as he scanned Sukuna's figure. "Really amusing..."

"Kanosa..." a child's voice brought the two into a halt. "Enough."

"Great Seer..." The guy named Kanosa bowed his head as a sign of paltriness, however, there was no hint of regret in it.

"Sukuna..." said the child.

"Seer..." Sukuna then walked towards him. Though Sukuna was a malicious being, he couldn't bring himself to disrespect something as holy as the Enchantress herself, the Seer. Who didn't even express any malice on him despite being an outcast. "I..."