34

CHAPTER 34

"Did she make it out alive?"

"Where am I?"

"How long has it been?"

Those were the things that flooded Sukuna's head the moment he sensed he was awake. He opened his eyes only to find himself in a room filled with paper talismans stuck on the wall layer after layer. Candles were burning close to his face as if the fire was giving him the taste of what hell would feel like. He moved his hands but it was bound behind the metal chair he was sitting on with thick chains strapped on his torso and limbs, rendering him immobilized.

He poured his strength to break the chains, it rattled under his strength yet nothing had happened. He looked from left to right and found no door or any opening and when his eyes shifted back to left when he saw from his peripheral vision a shadow figure.

He squinted his eyes to see clearly the face of the mysterious figure, though he wanted to ask who it was yet a part of him already knew who it was.

"Who am I?" A female voice asked with a rather taunting tone that made his eyes widen thinking whether she just read his mind.

The shadowy resemblance became a solid, hooded figure. It walked closer to him, so close that his nose was touching the hem of the hood.

"What a shame that you easily forgot about me, Sukuna." The female voice seemed to hiss at the sound of his name. "Am I that easy to forget?"

Sukuna's heart pounded in his chest. That voice... he knew that voice very well. He would never get that voice wrong. "N-No... it can't be. This is—" His voice faltered as his whole body trembled. "Y-You are—"

"Yes, it is I." The hooded figure stepped back and slowly picked the hem of its hood and gradually lifted the dark linen only to reveal a mid-length h/c hair, e/c eyed woman... "Y/n."

Sukuna's breath began to hitch up and his heart was like a drum in his chest to the point that he could hear his own heartbeat in his head. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again the moment he realized he didn't know what to say.

He wriggled in his chair to breakfree but it was all futile until Y/n snapped her fingers and the chains collapsed on the ground, giving Sukuna the chance to jump away from her. Which he immediately took advantage of, jumping to the farther corner of the perfect cube room.

"You're not h-her..." he mumbled. Forcing himself not to be deceived by this figure who claimed to be Y/n. He knew her presence and it was nowhere near this. Y/n was like a white phi flower that symbolizes life, so pure and enduring.

Unlike this Y/n, whose presence was like a red spider lily that blooms on the pool of blood. So dangerous... so corrupted.

This was not his Y/n.

"Of course I am...who do you think would have the courage to take the Malevolent Sorcerer in her own hands?" Y/n hissed, the wicked smile on her face turned into a crooked wicked grin as she said, "Only I... the Black Lioness."

The moment those words came out of her mouth, she lunged forward and stuffed his mouth with a hard object. Her movement was too fast that he didn't get the chance to evade.

He closed his mouth so it could not reach deeper but Y/n had this incredible strength that she managed to fill his mouth.

Sukuna felt the strange sensation in his throat as if it was being ripped apart. That sensation worsened when he felt something wriggling in his throat, crawling from his mouth down to his esophagus.