♦ Chapter 12 ♦

┍━━━━━━━━»•» [ ⪩ ❣ ⪨ ] «•«━━━━━━━━┑

"Oh, dear, be careful..."

A small child splashed and waded around in the inflatable pool.

"Mama," they squeaked.

"What is it, darling?" The mother replied.

"Mama!"

The child's mother smiled dearly. The corners of her eyes creased as she walked over to the small infant slipping around in the pool.

"My clumsy sunshine," she said, kneeling down and holding her child's face. The child, unaware of her solemnity, continued to play in the water. They reached for the woman, who leaned forward in curiosity.

The child didn't know any better. But in this small little moment, it comforted its mother in the greatest way possible.

"I love you!" The child squealed, its cheeks giving way to a wide grin. The mother, stunned in her baby's glow, wrapped her arms around it. Her clothes became soaked.

"I love you so much," she whispered. The child, as all others, couldn't help but see the world with rose-tinted glasses. So it went over their head the suffering this woman had gone through.

"Mama?"

They say the bond between a mother and her child is impenetrable. But if the two are ever separated, what should happen to it? Does the bond shatter like ice at that moment? Does it stretch and fall through like a spider's web?

Well, I suppose there's only one way to find out.

×

×

×

The hotel's lobby stirs with light chatter. You see Lyney patiently sitting at a table and make your way to him, your father following closely behind. Lyney sees the two of you approach and waves.

"Were you waiting long?" You ask.

"No, no," he says. "Not at all." His radiant smile makes your heart jump.

"T-That's good," you breathe.

You and your father take the two other seats at the table.

"So," your father begins. You withhold a groan. "Lyney." He clasps his hand over the table and looks the boy up and down. Lyney, on the other hand, sits innocently and tilts his head.

"It's nice to finally meet you officially," your father says, smiling.

Lyney matches his expression, nodding. "I'm honored to meet the father of y/n."

Throughout this exchange, you sit awkwardly across from them, wanting to pull your hair out. After a few seconds of silence, your father clears his throat. "How did you two meet?" He inquires curiously.

You watch as Lyney's eyes light up. "We met purely by luck, but it still remains one of the best days of my life." He flashes a smile at you, your heart beating faster. He continues to enlighten your father on the day you met, but from his point of view.

˚

˚