Chapter 7: 'Old Friends' and New Enemies

Cat Noir stood on the very top of the Empire State building. The city was amazing from up here. 1,454 feet can really make just about anything look so peaceful. That was until he heard a bunch of voices on the scanner he just literally bought.

Something about two girls "in jumpsuits" robbing groceries? He then immediately began to hop off and make his way there.

He finally made his way to the store and found the scared cashier.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Wait, you're Cat Noir!" said the cashier, "You're the Amazing Cat Noir! You're the Awesome-!"

"I know, I know, I'm pretty epic. What happened?"

"O-Oh, right! I saw these two girls coming in here. One was like all yellow and black while the other was orange and white. And then there was some guy in a purple-themed costume."

Cat Noir's eyes widened. The thieves of the stolen Bee and Fox Miraculous. They're here. But the clear description of Hawk Moth frightened him. Him? Here? Now? And just when he thought he could just about finally have a chance to actually relax, take a break like Ladybug would always claim that he was on.

What is Hawk Moth even doing here? Why would he even want to be here? And why does he need the Bee and Fox Miraculous to help him? Isn't it always the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous he's always all "cray cray" (as Nino dubbed) about?

"I'll see if I can find them." he said.

The cat-themed superhero then jumped out of the building, ignoring the gasps and chatters about him. He took out his baton and began to text.

Cat Noir: Scarabella. We have a big problem. It turns out that the Bee and Fox Miraculous with me are fakes. The thieves are here. In New York. And even worse, Hawk Moth himself is here.

Scarabella: This is bad. Very bad. Mayura's still here. She's still got some Sentimonsters being sent after us. And I tried to get my parents to get us over there. But if only I got relatives over there...I'm really sorry.

Cat Noir understood. Despite his frustration with her, he was most certainly still trying to understand. However, he's going to be here for a long time. He needs to defeat Hawk Moth and the rogue Miraculous Holders before he's forced to leave New York, make them go back to Paris.

He then heard something about the Empire State building being attacked. He immediately hopped from roof to roof to get there hopefully in time, praying he could make it.  

...

He finally made it. Cat Noir could smell the smoke from afar. He could then see two female figures around, taking down any police officer coming too close to them. He took out his baton and leaped forward, landing in between the two. And they seemed to have looked just like...

"Volpina?!" shouted Cat Noir, "Queen Bee?!"

"Well, what do you know?" said Volpina, "It looks like Hawk Moth's little plan worked."

"I agree with you, for once." said Queen Bee.

"Plan?" Cat Noir demanded, "What plan?"

Instead of responding, the two immediately charged at him. The cat-themed superhero extended his baton, switching it into sword mode. He'd block Queen Bee's spinning top with the baton while swiping Volpina's flute with his hand.