Chapter 24: A Return

(skip to 4:38)

Marinette groaned in frustration as she forced herself out of bed. She heard her phone ring. She looked into it and saw that her alarm went off. She then suddenly saw Tikki hover towards her.

"T-Tikki?" she called out.

"Let's go!" said Tikki, "It's time."

...

Ladybug got to the Eiffel Tower. She was so glad that Su-Han isn't on her mind at all.  Or apparently, he won't be anymore.  According to her partner, the doctors said that he may be going through amnesia.  So basically, she's free from him.  And officially, the Order of Guardians. is now gone

They've decided to make their own non-magical Miracle Box, one wihout such tragic consequences.  

They bumped into Master Fu about a few days ago.  Apparently, the destruction of the Miracle Box took off all the spells contained in it.  Now the Kwamis could talk more freely, no one has to lose memories, etc

Master Fu explained that Cat Noir was chosen by him not just because of the test he passed so long ago, but because he had a special plan for him: To end the Order of Guardians, for good.  He only left Cat Noir out of the loop of all the Guardian-mumbo-jumbo because not only that he wasn't always the still-rules guy, but because it simply felt less suspicious that a plan was secretly being put into action.

Master Fu knew that just one day, Master Su-Han would return one day.  And Cat Noir, not even knowing the plan close to at all, and being kept out of the Order of Guardians, was the best way in the old man's point of view.

And it seems to have worked.

Ladybug saw Cat Noir just playing with his baton, balancing himself.  

"Do you ever take your powers seriously?" she asked.

Cat Noir looked at her. And for some reason, Ladybug felt guilty. She hoped she didn't mean to offend him. She remembered when he talked about just how horrified he becomes every time he engages Cataclysm. And also, he hasn't seen the old her in so long and this is how they begin?

"S-Sorry, I-" Ladybug started.

"No, no, no, it's okay." said Cat Noir.

His smile was...genuine. It wasn't like his usual smirking. It was almost like it was caring. He truly looked as if he was not hurt at all. It looked like a smile from Adrien Agreste.

"So how do you always act like...well...this?" Ladybug asked, "And how can I act like that?"

She gestured to Cat Noir balancing and his usual tricks. She had always wondered just why is he always so...wild (it was the one of the only ways she could put it)?

"Well, because in a way, powers are like 1% of the whole hero thing. Accepting responsibility for them is 9%." Cat Noir answered.

"So, what's the other 90%?" asked Ladybug.

Now she was getting curious. It'd make sense, because he always jokes around as if nothing bad is going to happen. Especially when he apparently "knows" that they're going to win.

"Be yourself." said Cat Noir.

Well that was not what she was expecting. Then again, powers and accepting responsibility for them was the only thing she thought about. Cat Noir just sometimes takes advantage of that, or as it seems.