Chapter 21: Homes Sweet Home

(skip to 13:26)

Adrien got off the plane and headed into the airport. Paris. Thought Adrien, Home sweet home.

He was finally home. Finally back. Boy, was it really nice to set foot on the ground of the most romantic city in the world once again.

He quickly spotted his friends, Nino, Alya, and Marinette. They all sprinted towards him, Marinette beating them all by a few feet. She crashed into him and hugged him tightly. The Model could've sworn that he was feeling tears.

"You okay, Marinette?" he asked.

He pushed her back gently and just a little far from himself.

"Sorry, I just missed you..." she explained.

Before Adrien could even chuckle, he all of a sudden felt a sharp pain stab into his chest.  He winced loudly as he clutched his very heart.  He collapsed down to his knees.

The girls yelped, horrified.  Nino held him up.

"Dude, you okay?!" he asked.

Adrien then thought back to the cause.  It was another Akuma case back in New York.  It was sometime after he had defeated Lila and Chloe.

...

Cat Noir winced as he woke up. He looked up to see that he was at one of the levels of the tower, seeing a huge glowing ball of some kind. Then it hit him. 

Hawk Moth had created an Akuma who could create machines straight out of the sci-fi movies. However, this Akuma seemed to be based on destroying all of New York. He betrayed his controller. Although they purified the Akuma, apparently, the generator never stopped working.

The neon-colored cat superhero then looked up, seeing some kind of glowing blue energy going into some kind of generator. He got up very slowly. Cat Noir then turned to see Chloe knocked out.  The Akuma, like many others before it, were caused by her.

Cat Noir knew what he had to do. Plagg had recently told him about this ability to absorb power from energy sources. However, it's been rarely used, and by rarely, the Kwami of Destruction meant like four people. Two completely failed, and the others just disintegrated entirely before even getting halfway through after releasing the absorbed energy.

The boy in leather armor finally began to move, only to feel Ladybug's hand grabbing hers as she tried to get up after failing moments ago.

"Chat, don't!" she warned, "We need to think this through!"

"There's no time!" Cat Noir exclaimed, "We need to take care of this, now! That thing's going to blow up at any moment! I've got to try!"

"No, you can't!"

"That thing is nuclear! The Akuma specifically said it himself!"

"Cat Noir, don't be foolish! Just trust me!"

"No!"

Cat Noir then slapped her hand away and began to struggle his way towards the generator. He ignored everyone's order to get back.

"Not...much...time!" said Cat Noir to himself.

Chloe tried to follow her Adrikins, only for rubble to fall down.  She could tell that it was her lover when it came to the mask being in half.  The neon-colored cat superhero barely dodged it. He had to crawl now, using his claws to keep him planted in the ground, the waves of force from the generator becoming more stronger.