Chapter 5: The Stage Sets Up

It was nighttime and it was hard. It was hard to see Marinette get confused about where she was supposed to be. Her friends just wouldn't stop crying, and honestly, who could blame them?

Before the Model could actually fall asleep like he would usually, Nathalie knocked on the door. Adrien, fatigued, dragged himself to the door and opened it slowly.

"Yes?" he groaned tiredly.

"Sorry to disturb you." Nathalie apologized, "Your father wishes to see you. It's important."

Adrien was about to head back into his room to put on his clothes, however, Nathalie told him that wouldn't be necessary. That most certainly surprised the Model. His father was allowing him to walk to his office in pajamas and not his everyday attire? Well, it was pretty late and it's not like Adrien's got a photoshoot of any kind.

The boy walked a bit awkwardly to his father's office, having not done this since basically forever. He then found his old man, Gabriel Agreste, sitting at his desk, looking calmly. He slowly got up from his chair.

"Y-Yes, Father?" he asked, "Something wrong?"

"No." replied Gabriel, "However, I have a trip to America set up. New York to be exact. And I'm planning on taking you, and your bodyguard of course along with me."

Adrien's eyes widened. New York? Well this was certainly new. However, he still has school. And he's going to miss his friends. As if reading his mind, his father explained:

"You shall have to do your assignments online."

The Model wasn't sure if he was to be either relieved and satisfied or still nervous and worried. Sure, he'd be able to still call and contact his friends, however, he can't actually meet them. They'll be an ocean away from each other. And who knows just how long this "business trip" will be.

But just like about everything that Gabriel had his son do, wasn't a choice. So really, just what did Adrien Agreste really have in this? The boy then sighed in defeat.

"Alright." he replied, "Can I at least tell my friends in person?"

"Very well." said Gabriel, "Just be sure to have at least packed your things in that case."

Adrien's eyes widened in surprise. He actually and basically said, "yes" to his request. Of course he'd need to stay up a few more hours to be ready for this trip, he'll at least be able to actually say, "goodbye" to his friends for once. He couldn't help but smile just a little bit. This was probably the most friendliest his old man had ever been so far.

So basically, he, his bodyguard, and Gabriel are going to America on a business trip. Nathalie will stay here and manage business here in Paris.

After being given that that was all, Adrien immediately sprinted into his room. Plagg flew out of his pocket.

"Well, kid," he said, "at least your old man's nice for once."

"Yeah," said Adrien, "well, let's start packing!"

It took them a few hours, but it was all worth it. All of Adrien's things needed for the trip were all packed up. However, once he finally finished, a thought came into Adrien's mind: Ladybug.

She won't have a partner. The city still needs a protector like him.

However, that thought was almost entirely washed out of his once-worried mind once he thought that she's got the other temporary heroes. The city's got more than just two heroes. He'll just message her. She doesn't need him.