Chapter 35: The Day A Stray Becomes Family

(skip to 37:47)

So much has changed already ever since everything basically happened.  

Gabriel Agreste was sent into prison.  Nathalie just had to go along with him, due to have been working with him as Mayura for so long as well.  The bodyguard, however, having not even known in the very slightest, was spared, no charges whatsoever.  

As for the Agreste's properties, well, the company kind of nearly fell apart since Adrien was not at the age to inherit it.  However, Adrien's aunt, Amelie Graham de Vanily, decided to inherit it herself until the boy reached a proper age.  The Ex-Model, however, showed little to no signs of doing that.  The Agreste Mansion was unfortunately taken down due to the insane amount of damage that was inflicted upon it.

But nothing could compare to the fate of Emily Agreste.  Sadly, due to Hawk Moth so recklessly destroying most of his own house, some parts of the ceiling in the place she was kept fell off, killing her in her sleep.  Her funeral was held about a day after.  And Adrien just couldn't handle it.

As for the Ex-Model himself...

Well, just about most of his life was now gone at this point.  His home is destroyed, his father is a magical terrorist and is in prison, the assistant he thought cared for him is in there with him, and now, his mother is dead.  

He had little to no one left.  He felt like he was all alone.

However, life wasn't as so black and white after all.  The Dupain-Chengs decided to take him in on a permanent note this time.  

Adrien slept below Marinette's bed, making it look like a bunk bed now.  Some of his stuff was moved there too as well.  

Marinette and her parents sat on either side of him.  It didn't take too long for Adrien to finally cry.  The Bakers all hugged him.  His head close to Marinette's chest, Sabine stroked his hair, Tom rubbed circles against his back.  

"I-I've never so a-a-alone in my w-whole life... " the boy sobbed.

"You're not alone Adrien." Marinette soothed.

"You have a lot of people who care about you." Sabine joined in.

"You have me, Sabine, Marinette, Nino, and all of your other friends." Tom added.

"You don't have to be alone anymore." said Marinette.

Adrien smiled.  He hugged everyone back.  This was the family he had wished for for so long.  He had fought hard, he had to survive on his own, and now it's all paid off.  He could finally take a break now.

...

The Ex-Model waited for his father to finally show up, and soon, he did.  Marinette, Nino, and Alya came with him so he could have comfort incase if it were to ever go bad.  The boy took a deep breath before answering the phone.

"Hey, Father." said Adrien.

"Hello, Adrien." replied Gabriel, looking ashamed of himself, "Listen, I'm so sorry.  I know you think I don't mean that.  But this time, I actually do mean it.  I really do.  I should've been more of a father than just a simple employer to you."

Those words really meant a lot of things to the boy right now.  His father was apologizing.  He wasn't known for acting all too well, and those eyes, something about them was real.