Chapter 20: Final Night

Cat Noir waited on the top of the One World Trade Center.  He had just fought another Akuma.  It took quite a bit out of him, but he got the job done soon enough.  He had been getting nervous for Paris.  Scarabella's begun to really scrap things up.  People are asking for Ladybug, Cat Noir even, to come back.  

"I need to get home, Plagg." said Cat Noir to himself, "Otherwise, Paris is screwed."

"Hey, kid," replied Plagg, "keep the faith.  Scarabella will hold Mayura off long enough for us to get there in time."

"I sure hope you're right..."

Suddenly, the scanner in Cat Noir's mask all of a sudden began to sound.  Something about a "purple-themed man in a silvery mask."  That's him.  Cat Noir immediately headed off.  However, he stopped short once he spotted Hawk Moth carrying Lila and Chloe.  Guess he's ticked off that they failed him. the neon-colored cat thought, It'd sure be nice to see something like that...too bad I'm a superhero.

Cat Noir rolled his eyes before jumping in front of Hawk Moth they stood on top of a roof.

"Hand them over!" he demanded.

"Let's see if you can stop me." replied Hawk Moth.

The neon-colored cat immediately charged right forward.  However, the butterfly-themed supervillain used his cane to block Cat Noir's baton and kicked him down.  He then punched him in the face.  He pinned him against the edge of the building right where an alleyway.

"In the alleyway, pathetic, cat!" said Hawk Moth, "Like all strays!"

"Hey!" Cat Noir choked, "Nobody calls me a 'paw-thedic stray,' old man!"

He then kicked Hawk Moth off, causing himself to tumble off the edge.  Hawk Moth smirked and began to hop from roof to roof away from the battle zone, bringing Lila and Chloe along with hm,

Cat Noir got up and felt a serious pain hit from behind and his ribs.

"Oh, my back!" he said, trying to stand up, only to feel even more pain, "My back!"

He then turned awkwardly, taking Plagg's advice to get the heck out of that danger zone.  He needed to get back home quick and restock some extra food for his midnight black Kwami.

...

Adrien limped into his soon-to-be former room. He panted as he held onto his ribs.  They still haven't healed just yet.  He looked up at the picture of him (as Cat Noir of course) and Ladybug.

"It's always been 'Us against the world,' Ladybug," he started, "but now it's only me against it."

Adrien then began to work hard.  He did all kinds of exercises.  He bought the most delicious cheese Plagg had ever seen before in his whole life.  Did his Chosen think that he was going to lose this fight?

"Heck no!" said Adrien, "Not with the score as high as the sky!"

The Kwami of Desctruction smiled (not smirked) and fist bumped his Holder.  

They eventually then heard Adrien's phone go off. He looked at it, seeing that there's activity at a building. It was time.

...

Hawk Moth carried Lila and Chloe with glowing tendrils as he flew with the help of gigantic wings made from his butterflies. A helicopter hovered near the two, its spotlight on them both.

"And once again, we have live footage of Lila Rossi and Chloe Bourgeois being held captive on the roof of a building." said a reporter there.

Hawk Moth climbed until he finally reached the top. Finally he stopped. He turned to Lila and Chloe.