Chapter 31: Reptaladon

It was just another day at school. Marinette and Adrien have both been worried about the road wall between him and his father. It's been a while since they last saw him. All of a sudden, someone heard screaming coming from the bathroom. Both Marinette and Adrien both thought that an Akuma must be near.

They saw the beast suddenly smash through the wall. Marinette and Adrien could both see students running away from a hall. Adrien was the first to take off and go into a closet.

"Plagg, claws out!" he shouted.

He then came sprinting out. There, he saw the Akuma, aiming for Marinette. He looked like the mixture of a lizard and a shark.

"Let's see if you fear the Almighty Reptaladon!" he said.

"Everyone, clear out!" Cat Noir shouted.

He could see Reptaladon almost to Marinette. Cat Noir ran as fast as he could. The beast swung his hand at him when he got close enough. He ducked and slid on the floor. He then swung his baton in Staff Mode, aiming it at his legs, and tripped him with that.

Cat Noir jumped onto Reptaladon's back, ready to throw in a punch. But Reptaladon not only caught it just in time, but he also threw him into the ground. He shoved him into a few lockers, then threw him into the music room. Cat Noir struggled to get up as he felt the rubble clutter around him.

Before he could get up, Reptaladon pinned his arm with the baton down and threw his claws towards him. He luckily dodged.

"Nowhere to hide, Cat Noir." Reptaladon said sinisterly.

Cat Noir wrapped himself around his leg as Reptaladon's clawed hand began to scratch the floor. He then spotted Marinette, who looked to be in shock, staring at them.

"Run!" he screamed.

Reptaladon then grabbed him and then threw him into a wall. Marinett then came back into reality. I'm not leaving you this time, my Kitty! she thought.

"There's no need to stop me, Cat Noir," Reptaladon reasoned, "you can't defeat me."

Suddenly, he felt a piece of rubble hit his face. He snarled to his left, seeing Ladybug.

"Not all alone anyway." the scarlet heroine answered.

As if on cue, Cat Noir leaped from the hole of where he was thrown in. He switched his stick into Javelin Mode. He threw it at two ceiling lights hanging from it at Reptaladon, causing them to fall onto the Akuma, stunning him for a moment.

The beast looked up to see the two both gone. Ladybug and Cat Noir jumped onto his back at the same time. They wrapped their yo-yo and baton around him.

"You're not thinking straight about this, buddy!" said Cat Noir.

Reptaladon then ran into a crowd of lockers, forcing the duo off of him. He then twirled around and slammed his tail down on Cat Noir, who caught it in the nick of time. He then began to slam him into the sides of the hallway with his tail.

"Don't make me...have to...hurt you!" said Cat Noir.

He then lost his grip and was found flying into another section of the hallway. Ladybug then ran and kicked onto Raptaladon's chest. The beast grabbed her and shoved her into a wall. Raptaladon then grabbed onto Ladybug's earrings.

"Let's see who you are..." he said.

He then immediately removed them away from Ladybug's earlobes. Her suit began to disappear. Ladybug used whatever time she had left to hit Raptaladon in the eye with an eye gouge.

The beast screamed in pain. Ladybug then broke through the window. She then found that she was back to being Marinette Dupain-Cheng. He immediately began to run back inside. Even as Marinette, she had to help her Kitty.

Cat Noir meanwhile, got up, but felt Raptaladon pin him down once again.

"Your turn." he said.

He then aimed for his ring. But before he could even do so, Marinette grabbed a trophy and slammed it against Raptaladon in the back with it. It was nothing of course, but enough to keep him distracted.

"Little girl..." he started.

Before Raptaladon could attack, Cat Noir used to attack him from all sides. He made sure to hit all the sensitive parts to paralyze him for the moment. He then pulled Marinette in close to him.

"I'm gonna throw you out the window." Cat Noir whispered.

"Wait, what?" asked Marinette.

Cat Noir then tossed her out of the window, but gave her his baton. Marinette yelped in surprise. She was able to extend it to stop her fall then threw it at Cat Noir, who caught it.

"And actually 'run' this time!" Cat Noir yelled.

"De ja vu." said Marinette to herself.

Meanwhile, Raptaladon finally broke free of the fallen rubble. He then began to hear the sound of police sirens.

"First you break into school and now you throw a tantrum?" Cat Noir asked playfully, "Looks like someone needs a timeout."

The two then began to fight in the library. Cat Noir jumped from shelf to shelf until Raptaladon threw a table at him. He ducked, but used his magnificent speed to stop it from hitting a man with dark green eyes, black hair, mustache, eyebrows and a beard.

Once he left (without realizing just how close to death that he was), Raptaladon threw Cat Noir into a bookshelf.

"Why is this guy so hard?" he complained as he winced.

He then charged at the Akuma and leaped into the air. He unleashed a Cataclysm Blast, stunning Reptaladon long enough for Cat Noir to use his claws to crush the necklace. The Akuma tried to escape, only for the Neon Cat to catch it.

"Cataclysm." he panted.

And the negative energy was soon removed. The butterfly then began to take off.

"See you, pal." said Cat Noir.

...

Cat Noir and Marinette met up at the rooftop privately on top of the school. Due to the Akuma attack, school was canceled for the day.

"And these, something for you, Purr-incess." Cat Noir smirked.

"Thanks, Chat." said Marinette, rolling her eyes playfully.

She then placed back on the earrings and hugged her Kitty. Cat Noir explained that he was still a little nervous to reveal his identity, Marinette was still patiently waiting.

"I'll wait until the end of the world." she said before kissing him on the cheek.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!