Chapter 8: The 'True' Me

Adrien woke up with a pounding in his head. Guess Master Su-Han really wanted to kill me with that hit... he thought. He then found Plagg eating an entire cheese wheel of camembert.

"You know, Plagg," said Adrien, "sometimes I get the feeling Master Su-Han doesn't like me."

"Of course he doesn't, kid." said Plagg through a mouthful of camembert.

"Thanks for that 'nice reply.'"

"If only it was, hehe."

...

It was time for breakfast. Adrien still had his "little diet" coming in. However, he was surprised when he asked his father if he could go out, as for why, it was because Gabriel said, "yes." Although, the Gorilla had to go along with him of course.

After secretly throwing up his "breakfast," the Model eventually headed into the limo with the Gorilla, carrying some money in his pockets. Time to eat happier. He thought.

"Hey, buddy?" asked Adrien, "Could you take me to McDonald's?"

The Gorilla looked at the boy with suspicion on his face. The Model shrunk down a little, but thankfully, the Gorilla smiled and nodded. The bodyguard knew that Adrien deserved a lot of tasty food.

"Thanks." The boy thanked him.

The bodyguard chuckled in response.

...

Adrien happily enjoyed his meal. He had also bought some extra for later today. What's good is the fact that his father is hardly ever around to see him eat. Despite that sounds sad now that he's thinking about it right now, he's going to need it.

He's already got some things to work out: One, is that he's going to exercise as much as he can. Two, he's going to eat the food he wants, not his father. Three, he's going to try to be more free than he's ever been before. And four, he's going to begin rebelling, showing his old man that he's sick of the life he has.

Gabriel was so busy today that he wasn't around to see his son sneak into his room. Plagg and the other Kwamis ate alongside his Chosen.

"So," said Wayzz, "just what is the plan?"

"Well," Adrien began, "I was able to secretly place a tracker on both Volpina and Queen Bee while they were arguing, so I should be able to track them. And I'm also trying to figure out how I can attach the scanner to my suit. Unless I can magically attach it."

"I'm not sure...maybe?" Plagg thought out loud for the moment.

"Well, either way, I can try to figure out how I'm going to take them out. And I have also been able to put a tracker on Master Su-Han. So I'll be able to see when he's coming around."

"Sounds like a plan."

...

Adrien was talking to his friends after school ended. Things have been getting a little stressful for them. Marinette's getting very exhausted. Alya and Nino are coming home with a bruise or cut on them.

The Model offered to do the project another time, but his friends insisted on it.

"So, how's New York been?" asked Nino.

"Well, with Hawk Moth, Queen Bee, and Volpina around," said Adrien, "I'm not entirely sure if Cat Noir can handle this on his own."

"I believe he can do it." said Marinette, "And as far as I know right now, he's basically done so much for Paris that I would trust him with my life."