Chapter 14: Dying Empires

Cat Noir clapped his hands together, removing at least some of the dust off of his hands. He immediately started his way back home.

...

This was one of the last bases. Most of the Guardians have been captured by now at this point. Cat Noir was able to convince the police to at least ship them hopefully off to Paris just so if they were to escape from a place where he lived, at least he and Ladybug would be able to stop them hopefully.

The de-transformed Adrien collapsed onto his bed. Things have been getting more and more tough with these Akumas and Queen Bee annoying him like an actual bee.

"Plagg?" asked Adrien.

"Uh-huh?" replied the Kwami as he minced his cheese.

"You think we'll be able to clear out New York before we leave home?"

"Uh-huh."

"You sure about that?"

"Uh-huh."

"Are you even listening?"

"Uh-huh."

Adrien then chuckled with a surprising mixture of annoyance and actual laughter. The Model knew they could do it. He just knew it. He then laid his head on his pillow, trying to dream and relax.

...

It was the next day. Adrien sat at the table. Gabriel, for possibly and literally the first time ever, was actually eating there.

"Good morning, son." said Gabriel.

"G-Good morning, Father." replied Adrien, surprised.

His stuttering immediately stopped once he saw his bodyguard drop off his McDonald's food in front of him gently. The Model smiled before taking a happy bite. His father looked at him, disapproval showing slightly.

"Where's the meal you usually have?" asked Gabriel.

"Oh, I wanted to switch something up." answered Adrien confidently.

"I thought you were to have more healthy foods."

"I know they're not not the healthiest food around, but come one Father. I've got to enjoy life at least sometime."

Gabriel stared at his son with a slightly intimidating look. Adrien didn't budge, just kept his smile, who possibly on purposely turned it into one of his mother's smiles. Gabriel stopped for a moment. He then sighed in defeat.

"Very well." he gave in.

Adrien smirked before his old man could notice. Best you get used to it. He thought, Things are about to change.

...

Adrien walked to the Starbucks once it got dusk. And for once, his bodyguard didn't follow him. The Model was enjoying his hot chocolate until a certain spoiled little brat came along.

"Oh, Adrikins!" sang Chloe.

"You've got to be kidding me." Adrien groaned.

The Mayor's daughter immediately sat next to the Model, only for him to sit across from her. He tried to tell her that he just needed space at the moment, but unfortunately, that girl doesn't get that word, like at all.

Suddenly, Adrien's phone began to vibrate, he picked it up to see Marinette's account profile. He smiled while Chloe scowled and attempted to take his phone from him. He quickly pulled back, looking at her sternly.