Chapter 3: Renunciation

Cat Noir landed on the roof where he found Ladybug, his partner, Ladybug, looking at the city of Paris. He was a little groggy from earlier, but he still hoped that she was alright. He held out his baton, showing the text she sent him. She said it was an emergency, so he came as fast as he could.

"I'm here, Ladybug!" he said, sweating a bit, "Are you okay-?"

"I...don't want to talk..." she responded.

"Talk about what?"

"About the things...we've been through."

Cat Noir stepped in front of his partner. He placed his hand on her shoulder, hoping that it would bring her comfort. Tears fell down her cheeks.

"Ladybug, please talk to me..." Cat Noir pleaded, "...we can figure this out..."

"Though, it's hard to leave." said Ladybug.

"Leave...? What're you saying-?"

"Now, it's history."

Cat Noir then turned to see Grandmaster Su-Han, the elder chief Guardian of the Order of Guardians. He looked stern as always. However, something was new: He was holding the Miracle Box, containing all the other Miraculouses except his and Ladybug's.

"Master Su-Han?!" said Cat Noir worriedly, "Why does he have the Miracle Box?! What-?!"

Ladybug pulled away from her partner. She looked at her hand as if something was in it.

"I've played all my cards, Chat." she said, "Master Su-Han said that Hawk Moth is close to finding out who I am...you know what this means..."

Cat Noir tried to step forward. Yes, he knew what she was about to do. Master Su-Han placed a hand on his shoulder however this time.

"...unfortunately, that's what you've done too." Ladybug continued sadly, "But if I'm what'll soon become of me...Hawk Moth will have no reason to come after someone who'd only be useless to him..."

"Please, Ladybug..." Cat Noir pleaded, "...we can talk about this! We always find a way!"

Master Su-Han enhanced his grip on the cat-themed superhero, preventing him from doing what Ladybug needed to do.

"There's nothing more to say." said Ladybug.

"Please, listen to me!" Cat Noir begged.

"The winner will have to take it all."

She then reached for her earrings. Cat Noir's eyes teared up once he saw the face of Marinette Dupain-Cheng take the place of Ladybug.

He couldn't believe it, the girl of his dreams was the girl he basically dumped for the girl who happened to be the exact same person. He loved her, and yet he claimed she was "just a friend."

"Here I am, a loser standing once more." said Marinette, "Beside the victory...that's my destiny."

Master Su-Han finally let Cat Noir go. He stepped forward to the girl crying next to a sobbing Tikki. He reached out for her once he was close enough.

"Mari...?" he asked.

Mairnette then handed her earrings to Tikki. The Kwami of Creation then hovered up to her soon-to-be-no-more Chosen. Their foreheads touched. Tikki then began to hover away. She cried, knowing that soon, Marinette would tragically be more than back to normal.

"T-Tikki?" he begged, "Wait, don't-!"

Cat Noir raised to stop her, only for Marinette to stop him. The cat-themed superhero then hugged her with all of his might.

"Please, Mari..." he begged, "You don't have to go! It was you...all along..."

Marinette couldn't find herself to hug him back.

"Marinette!" Cat Noir cried.

"That's our destiny." Marinette finished, "I'm so sorry, Chat."

Her eyes then began to glow blue. And soon, a blue aura began to leave her head, carrying all of her memories of her of her entire life with it. And soon enough, she went limp, unconscious. Cat Noir then turned to Master Su-Han, anger clearly showing in his eyes..

"You..." he growled, "...you did this to her! You took her life away!"

"What happens will not be my concern." said Master Su-Han, cold as ever

"So typical of you Guardians...you never care about your own. You deserve what happened to you all!"

"It doesn't matter, as long as I have what's mine-"

The Miracle Box began to glow. And instead of turning into something that Master Su-Han would expect, basically something more of his theme, it looked more like Cat Noir's design. Master Su-Han was too shocked to notice Cat Noir readying his baton, extending it to knock him away.

He shouted, "Cataclysm!" and gripped the Elder Guardian's Miracle-Box-finding staff, destroying it.

The frustrated Chief Guardian looked up to see Cat Noir carrying both the Miracle Box and an unconscious Marinette. Despite not being scared of him one bit, he had never seen the cat-themed superhero so angry before.

"Get back here!" he said, "I am your master!"

"I don't recall saying, 'yes' to a heartless man like you." said Cat Noir, "And even if I did, I'm done with the rules you've put on us."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!