Chapter 32: The Final Battle

Cat Noir groaned as he held onto his baton, waiting for Ladybug to answer the phone-like weapon.

"Come on, come on..." he mumbled to himself.

It went to voice mail.

"O-Okay, Ladybug, I...I just wanted to know that you're okay." Cat Noir began, "Don't...don't go into any dark alleys...hehe."

Suddenly, the phone picked up.

"My Lady?!" he shouted in relief.

It was left short once he suddenly heard the familiar laugh of Hawk Moth instead of the voice of the innocent model she had fallen in love with ever since they first met.

"Would my little Kitty Cat come out to play?" asked Hawk Moth.

"Where is she?" Cat Noir demanded, showing his anger.

...

Ladybug stood, still tied up against a beam at the very top of the Eiffel Tower. She looked more hopeless every minute. Hawk Moth and Mayura just stood there, unimpressed.

"Wow, he's really not coming. Some team you were." Mayura mocked. 

"What a shame. For it to end like this. All because of a fight." replied Hawk Moth, oblivious to their healing, "Who'd have thought?"

...

Cat Noir hopped from a roof with his baton in Vaulting-Pole Mode and landed on a rooftop. He then spotted the car carrying nothing but children. He shook his head in disgust.

"Hawk Moth, what have you done..." he whispered to himself.

Cat Noir then grabbed onto a flagpole nearby. He then began to walk back and pull onto it until he knew that he was far enough. He then disengaged the foot claws that were planting him to the ground and was sent flying at amazing speed.

...

Mayura then stepped closer to Ladybug. Her hand began to reach closely to her earrings.

"I never let petty emotions get in the way of my goals." she taunted.

"Oh, trust me." said Ladybug, more confidently, "Neither do we."

And there, behind Mayura, stood Cat Noir, he squatted on the railings, holding a Cataclysm in his hand. The black ball of destructive power hovered in the palm of his hand, his eyes' slits gone.

"Hands...off...My Lady." he demanded.

But before he could move, Hawk Moth leaped out of nowhere and kicked the neon-colored cat off.

He then landed on the side of the Eiffel Tower. Cat Noir then looked up to see Hawk Moth carrying a wire holding the car and holding Ladybug by the neck.

...

"And so, Cat Noir!" Hawk Moth shouted, "This is why only fools can choose to be heroes! Because you never know when a lunatic would give you a sadistic choice: 'Let die the woman you love...'"

The bonds holding Ladybug's wrists together were suddenly cut and they fell off of her pockets as she struggled against Hawk Moth's grip. The rope fell just kept on falling. Definitely not survivable.

"'...or suffer the little children!'" Hawk Moth finished, "Or...you can just give me your Miraculous, along with Ladybug's."

Cat Noir then turned to see the kids screaming for her to help them. He frequently turned to both Ladybug and the kids. It was either save one of them, or try to do both, or help Hawk Moth be two halves done in one go.