4. First day at school

Previous part: Meeting

Sherlock's POV

Science. At least it's (partly) a useful subject - it would be really useful if we would study important things. Since the lessons were boring, because the teacher couldn't do his job, I always read during the lessons. I know more things than my classmates (and than my teacher). Mr. Smith once wanted me to go to a science competition, but there was no God who'd be able to send me to this stupid event which was made for nerd geek students who couldn't do anything with themselves in their freetime but to show how 'clever' they were. I told him the exact same words and he hasn't talked to me since then. Except during the lessons since he had to. I go down to the lab where my classmates are waiting for the first bell to ring and start the lesson. I don't even realise that John's jacket is still on me until I sit down. I take the coat off, then put it on my chair. I should give him this after school. But then I would have to meet him again. Maybe I could sneak it into his locker. What could be his password? Maybe his birthday. Or something to do with medical care.

I pull out my books and read till the bell rings. Mr. Smith comes in with John on his side. When he sees me he smiles at me and I try not to cry out in annoyment. Why doesn't God want to leave me alone and just let me be? He keeps sending stupid and annoying people who I don't know what to do with.

"Hey kids! Say hello to your new classmate!" The teacher says gleefully.

"Hey!" John says shyly. He looks helpless. It's not a surprise, most people don't know what to do in harder situations. That's one of the many reasons they are so irritating.

"Hi John!" The class says. Even I manage to blurt out a hum. (But it's rather just a growl.)

"John, today we will work in groups, so please go to Molly, Sherlock, Seb and Jim." The teacher points towards our desk. John nods, then sits down next to me, sending me a half smile. I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"Hello Johnny boy!" Jim says and messes his hair up.

"Hi." John mutters then combs his hair down. He looks a little bit like a hedgehog.

"Hey!" Molly says with a wave.

"Do you like football?" Seb asks without greeting. Jesus, this guy is unbelievable! He doesn't care about anything but football.

"Well um... Not really. I played it at my previous school, but just because we had to choose a sport." John hesitates. "But then we moved here, so I stopped."

"Oh. Okay" He says. "Are you good at science?"

"Well, I think I can say yes."

"Kids, I know you have a lot of questions for John, but please try to focus on your work!" Mr. Smith says and the class goes silent. The teacher gives us the papers and after he tells us what we have to do we start to do it.

With the lesson's end everybody sits down at our desk and starts to ask stupid and useless questions from John, squeezing me out from my seat with their big butts.

"What subjects do you like?" Anderson asks, pushing his glasses up on his nose.

"If I had to choose then biology, maths and physics I like the most."

"And which ones you don't like?" Anderson asks again.

"Geography, literature and art."

"What do you want to become?" Molly says.

"Surgeon." See?

"Why did you move here?"

"Just to start a new life."