18. The announcement of results and an unexpected chat

Previous chapter: 17. Christmas sale

Sherlock's POV

Saturday was awesome! I bought a present  for everyone who I wanted to (and who I didn't want to, but little details). My mum will get a spice rack, dad a wooden pencil case, Mycroft an umbrella, Molly an ugly pen and a furry notebook and I bought a pillow for John, to which I can print something. At first I was thinking of a quote, but after I realised that John would like to get a present which is me and not the internet, I banished this idea. But now I'm absolutely clueless. Yesterday I got a message. Until now I didn't care about my messages. If I got one, it meant that my family or Mrs. Hudson wrote to me. But since I've become friends with John, I always looked at his messages. When I opened the message, I saw the picture that we had made Saturday. I smiled as I opened it. It wad our first mutual picture. Suddenly the 'what should I print to the pillow' problem was solved. This picture would be perfect! The Christmas sale was giving the picture a cosy feeling, the fireworks made the black sky antidepressant, John was smiling happily into the camera and my face was bearable as well. I smiled contentedly and wrote back a 'thanks'. 

The class is bustling on Monday morning. The results will be announced today. Honestly, I don't care who became the first. I don't care about this whole thing, but since I'm there, I have to hack it.

I'm listening to Molly (she is talking about her dead uncle). It's not very interesting. I look at John who's talking with Anderson, Donovan and Dimmock. I don't want to bother him, so I continue listening to Molly.

When Mr. Stamford arrives, the class goes silent and waits to get to know the results.

"I don't know kids, they'll tell it immediately on the radio." As he says it, the radio turns on.

"Good morning students! Firstly I want to tell, that we have found a key in the hall. If its owner wants to get it back, then they have to come to the headmaster's office during lunch break. Secondly, I want to announce the last week's competition's results. And I would like to tell that everybody was very good! But now the results! Firstly I'll announce the Christmas quiz. The twelfth became the 4.C class with zero point! Big clap for them!" Everyone laughs in the class. I roll my eyes. Of course it has to be Geoff's class. Whose else's? "The eleventh became the 3.C class, with one point! Clap for them!" We clap them - not like they deserve it. "And now the top ten! The tenth became the 2.A class, with four point! Big clap for them! Ninth became the 1.A! With six points! The eighth became the 1.B class, with six and a half point! The seventh became the 3.A with seven points! The sixth is the 4.B class! With seven and a half point! And now the top five! The fifth is the 1.C class with eight points! The fourth is the 4.A with nice nine points! And now the best three! The third is the 2.C class with nine and a half point! Big clap for them! The second became the 3.B class with ten points!" In the class everybody starts to whistle and scream. I turn towards Molly and mouth her a 'congratulations'. She blushes at that. We got the second place thanks to her, but this nobody seems realise except me. "And the first place belongs to theeeee..................................................... 2.B class! The Christmas kings and queens! Big clap for them!" Mr. Gabriel screams. Jim and his friends start to boo. "You were very good!" Mr. Gabriel says. "And now the snow fight's results! The twelfth place belongs to the 1.B class! Eleventh place is the 1.A class's! The tenth is the 1.C class! The ninth is the 3.A class, eighth is the 3.C class! Seventh is the 3.B class! Sixth is the 4.C class, fifth is the 4.B class, fourth is the 4.A class! The third is the 2.B class, the second is the 2.C class and the first is the 2.A class!" Mr. Gabriel says. "These were the results kids, you did a very good job! But now I'll say goodbye! And don't forget, there are just two lessons and four days left until the Christmas holiday! Bye!" The radio turns off with a zumm voice and everyone continues their previous activity.