5. Avoiding

Previous part: First day at school

John's POV

(,,Listen, um maybe, If you want to uh... but just if you want to, then... maybe we could go sometime to uh... well I saw a nice restaurant near the school, and... since today you were the kindest person, I thought, that we can uh... Eat something. Just as to get know each other.")

"I have to go." Sherlock says, then storms inside his house, leaving me there.

"Accordingly not." I say disappointedly. I was so happy finding someone as Sherlock is. He is different in so many ways. But in good ways. I thought next to a nice lunch we could get to know each other. I hoped he would think the same. I wasn't used to getting shot off. I thought Sherlock might be happy if I asked him to hang out. Well I was wrong...

I wander sadly into my house. After I throw my bag next to my desk I make my way into the kitchen to get something to eat. Since Harry has more lessons than me, mum is at work and dad went out to buy food, I'm home alone. After I finish eating my sandwich I go upstairs to do my homeworks.

After an hour I'm sitting in the window with my medical book in my hands. Suddenly I hear a loud thud. I pick my head up and see Harry stomping in front of my room. She doesn't even look at me (because what for?) and shoots the bathroom door behind her. I look sadly after her. Accordingly she hasn't had a good first day either.

At dinner Dad asks us how our day was at school. It's a big mistake - Harry starts to rave in fury.

"I don't know what's wrong with being gay! Just because I'm not attracted to smelly men it doesn't mean that every single bitch will get my attention! I have taste! I don't want to hold some stupid goat's hands! I can't believe how homophobic the world is!" She says (more likely shouts), then throws her knife and fork to the plate. She crosses her arms in front of her chest and takes on her 'I hate the world and nobody understands me' look.

"Harry... Give them a chance. This situation can't be easy for them either. I'm sure they didn't want to hurt you." Mum says and strokes Harry's arm.

"They were shouting in the hallway that I'm a disgusting lesbian." I see tears in her eyes. I feel sorry for her. I don't know what it feels like when they bully you because of your sexuality, but then it pops into my mind how it felt when Jim said I was gay. I was angry. I don't understand why people are so rude. There is nothing wrong if someone isn't straight.

"I'm sorry darling." Mum says, but Harry stands up and storms into her room. I want to go after her, but dad stops me.

"Let's just leave her alone." He says and continues eating his dinner. After this incident I'm not hungry anymore. I try to avoid my mum's dirty looks as I go upstairs. I grab my pyjamas and a clean underwear and go into the bathroom. I step under the shower with a deep and tired sigh.

When I finish showering, I put my PJs on, brush my teeth and wander into my bedroom. I sit down in the window then turn on a night lamp which is next to me and start to read. I see Sherlock in the neighbourhood playing on his violin. I watch him for a while, but then I shake my head and turn my attention back to my book, but all my thoughts are around the strange boy I met today. Why did he run away? Did I ask something wrong? Maybe I've hurt him? By the way I don't know with what, but who knows? Today he was so kind and he even stood up for me. I don't understand why he is acting like this. Maybe I was a bit too much for him? I fall asleep with these and some similar thoughts.

I wake up with a numb neck in the morning. When I open my eyes I realise that I'm still in the window. I make some circle moves to work my neck out a bit, and after that I go into the bathroom to take a shower.