20. Presents

Previous chapter: 19. Do you agree?

John's POV

Yesterday I wrapped in Anderson's present. I put the robot into a cardboard box between some polyester (which had left from the moving) which I wrapped in a Christmas wrapping paper. I honestly hope he will like it! I was fighting with the wrapping for hours (I had to restart it three times), because I always cut too small pieces of the wrapping paper. But now it’s lying on my desk, nicely wrapped in the wrapping paper which after breakfast I bring downstairs. I grab a small paper, stick it on the present, then write Anderson's name on it.

I quickly put on my coat, bag and take the present into my hands and go outside. Sherlock is already waiting for me beside the post box.

"Hi!" I greet him.

"Hello!" He greets back, then looks at my present. "Did you really restart it three times?" He asks with an amused smile on his face.

"How did you bloody know that?" I ask in disbelief.

"Don't you know me well enough to avoid this question?" He asks, smiling adorably.

"Well yes, but... Oh, nevermind, I'll never get used to it." I wave. "But really, how did you know?"

"On the box's upside the wrapping is weaker and crinklier than on the box's other sides. That might have caused it that you tore it's upside, because you tried to tear the wrapping but it didn't go well. If I see it right, then after the second try you lost your patience. And beside, on the box's corners are small dents, probably because you threw it at the floor." He says his sentence's other half with a loud laugh. I shake my head in disbelief. God, how can someone be so smart? "But if it comforts you, I restarted it four times." He says and we both laugh.

When we arrive at the class, we put our presents under the Christmas tree (which stands of four laths, wrapped in a green garland). The other presents are already under the tree. We hear a knock towards the door then see Greg.

"Hello Lestrade!" I say and go towards him.

"Geal!" Sherlock greets him. We both stare at him in confusion.

"Greg." The boy says from the C class.

"Yes!" Sherlock waves.

"You won't believe what happened yesterday!" He starts. "Since my father is the Detective Inspector at Scotland Yard, I know about some things. Yesterday I was bringing my father and his colleagues their coffee, when I heard what they were talking about. They were talking about people who took some pills. Believe it or not, they can't solve the case. But khm... It's top secret, really... So, please don't tell anyone." He mumbles. I see from the corners of my eyes that Sherlock becomes very curious. "Nah? Sounds good, doesn't it?" Greg asks proudly.

"Yes, I've read it in the newspapers. What does the police know?" He  asks.

"What I said before." Greg says with a sigh. "My dad is so baffled. He has no idea why these incidents are happening. He thinks that between the victims are links, but honestly, I don't think there are. I think a murderer is in the background." He says seriously. I look at Sherlock. I can see that he’s thinking hard.

"And you're saying that their deaths were caused by the drug."

"Yes. Mainly by a pill." He says.

"Hm... And the victims took them themselves." Lestrade nods. "Was there any DNA?"

"No. And there weren't any fingerprints either."

"Hm..." Sherlock hums. We stand in silence for a while. "Maybe..." He starts. "In the newspapers they wrote that the victims have disappeared in the middle of the city, right?" Lestrade nods. "So it means that the murderer's hunting ground is in the middle of the city." Sherlock says, still thinking very hard.