22. Redbeard

Previous chapter: 21. Christmas Eve and the best present

John's POV

I couldn't sleep the whole night. I didn't want the sun to rise. Which of course was for nothing. When you're waiting something, it can't come fast enough. If you don't wait something, it will come as fast as it can. I was horrified of my dad's reaction. Crying fit was avoiding me the whole night. When Sherlock kissed me my parents were already inside the house, but Harry saw us and of course she called them out. My mum screamed and my dad was shocked. When I went inside the house, he didn't say a word to me. Not even then when I was talking to him. He went into his room with a disbelief look on his face. I thought I was going to cry. My dad hates me. I looked at Harry in huge anger.

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!" I screamed into her face. She was already crying.

"J-john... I'm so sohorry!" She mumbled, crying.

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING?!" My tears were running down my cheeks. "WHY DID YOU CALL THEM OUT?! HM?! SO THEY COULD HATE ME TOO?! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!" I didn't care if my parents heard every word of it. "Why do you hate me so much?" I asked quietly. Harry put her head into her hands, sobbing. I was so angry. I didn't care that she was crying, I wanted to drown her in a spoon of water.

"P-please John! Believe me, I d-didn't want thahat!" She begged. I laughed in disbelief.

"Oh, please!" I waved, then went up into my room.

I haven’t left my room since the incident, but Harry has called me out to let's talk about it. I don't want to see her. I feel like I couldn’t care less about everything around me. The only good thing in this mess is Sherlock. It's true that I’m sad and angry, but I have to smile whenever my thoughts wander to him. My stomach is somersaulting, each time I remember the kiss. I hug my pillow which Sherlock gave me and close my eyes as tight as I can. Suddenly my phone buzzes. I take it from the night table. I smile when I see Sherlock's name on the screen.

'Are you okay? -SH'

'No. -JW'

'I'm sorry. It's all my fault. -SH'

I shake my head indignantly.

'It's not your fault! It's Harry's. -JW'

'AND mine. -SH'

'Sherlock, it wasn't your fault, don't feel bad about it! Tomorrow I will speak with my father, someday I will forgive it to Harry and once we'll laugh at this, so relax! -JW'

I know it won't go as easy as I wrote in the message.

'Okay. -SH'

I watch the screen for a while. He doesn’t write either, but I know he’s there. And that is all I need right now.

'Tomorrow I'll take Redbeard out for a walk. If you want, you can join us. -SH'

I smile.

'If my parents say yes, then okay. -JW'

I write. Sherlock doesn't react for a while, but then I see his message.

'=p'

I stare confusedly at the message.

'?'

'=p = 👎'

I smile.

'=b'

I write, to which he immediately replies.

':)'

I giggle quietly. It’s weird getting messages like these from Sherlock, but I like it.