Origins: Rewritten - Part 3

"Woah...uh, hello there?" Alya said, unsure of how to acknowledge the tiny fox creature that had just come out of her phone.

"Greetings, Alya. My name is Trixx, and you have been chosen to be the new holder of the Fox Miraculous!"

"The Fox...Miraculous?" Alya asked, trying to make sure she heard the words correctly. Miraculous was an adjective, right?

"Yes. A miraculous is a magical object that grants its user incredible power. It can take the form of anything that the user cherishes. In this case, it will take the form of your...whatever that is."

"..Oh! My phone?"

"Yes, that."

"Wait, what just happened to my phone?"

"Nothing bad, it will still be exactly as it was before, but now with the added function of allowing you to transform!"

"Transform into what?"

"Well, I guess that's up to you, isn't it?"

"Is it?" Alya asked, wishing that this tiny fox didn't just give her a straight answer.

"Ok, I'm already getting tired of this, let me explain," Trixx said. Alya was more than glad to oblige.

"There are 19 different Kwamis in the box that I came from. They are all themed after different animals and give their owners powers accordingly. If you say a secret incantation while carrying an appreciated object of yours that was possessed by one of us, then it will allow you to transform into what you mortals now call "a superhero" and the design of the transformation will be up to the individual user and what they wish for their suit to look like, as long as it fits the theme of the miraculous. There you go. Are you caught up now?"

"...Umm. Yeah, sure." Alya said, most definitely not caught up.

"Good. Because we have a job to do."

---

"Woah, cool. You're like the genie in the lamp." Nino said.

"Not exactly," Wayzz said wisely. If he had a beard then he would definitely be stroking it thoughtfully right now.

"So what are you, then?"

"Oh, pardon me, I haven't introduced myself yet," Wayzz cleared his throat. "Greetings, Nino. My name is Wayzz, and you have been chosen to be the new wielder of the Turtle Miraculous."

"How do you know my name? Also, how do you know my name?"

"I really don't think that's the most important question at hand."

"Yeah, but it's the one I asked. So, how do you know my name?"

"A miraculous is a magical object that grants its user incredible power. It can take the form of anything that the user cherishes. Your hat, in this case." Wayzz explained.

"OK, cool. Now, how do you know my name?"

"You don't even want to know about the power that you have just been granted?"

"Nope, just the name please."

"Ummm..." Wayzz had never dealt with this kind of person before. "My master told me your name beforehand. Now-"

"What's his name?" Nino interrupted.

"I'm not allowed to tell you that yet!" Wayzz yelled, frustrated.

"So you're going to tell me at some point?"

Wayzz took in a deep breath. "Yes, everything will be revealed to you in good time. So may we focus on the issue at hand?"

"That depends," Nino said. "What's the issue at hand?"

"A giant rock creature is attacking Paris."

"Ok, yeah. We can focus on that."