Guitar Villain

The past few days had been...rough. And confusing. Nothing was physically wrong, but the sudden revelations that Marinette had gone through were a bit jarring, to say the least.

She had always thought of kwamis as these wise, mystical beings that came out of nowhere to impart their wisdom upon a group of troubled teenagers. Sure, they occasionally made mistakes and some of them even joked around, but she always assumed that when push came to shove, they were all much more mature and well-put-together than she ever could be.

But now, she was starting to wonder if there was anything that set them apart from humans other than longevity. They experienced emotional outbursts, trauma, and regret, things that she didn't think they were capable of before that suddenly put everything into a different perspective.

Marinette thought about how well she would've taken it had she been in the position that the kwamis were in. What if she was an immortal being tasked with protecting the planet every time it was in danger?

Would she have taken it so seriously that she neglected her wielders' emotional needs like Tikki? Or would she have given up on trying to live up to all of the impossibly-high expectations like Trixx?

What did all this say about the other kwamis? Did Wayzz, Plagg, and Pollen all have their issues? What were they all hiding?

It made Marinette's head spin. She didn't know what to do, or even what she could do. She needed a distraction.

As it turns out, a rockstar supervillain terrorizing the city while riding on his pet dragon makes for a pretty good distraction.

"Wait, does that mean that Hawkmoth can akumatize more than one person at a time? Or are animals just an exception for some reason?" Ladybug asked, staring at the fire-breathing dragon flying in the distance.

"Uhhh..." Rena contemplated the question for a moment. "I have no idea. Does Tikki not know?"

"Apparently not," Marinette guessed, seeing as Tikki didn't give any kind of answer.

"Hey," Chat greeted the two, landing next to them. "What's up this time?"

"Jagged Stone hates EDM music so much that he got akumatized," Ladybug simplified. "Also he may or may not have kidnapped a popular EDM artist, but they're not part of the main cast of characters, so we're not too worried about that right now."

"Why are dragons so obsessed with kidnapping people?" Chat asked. "Did he inherit the mannerisms of a dragon as well?"

"No, Jagged Stone isn't the dragon, he's the one riding the dragon," Rena explained.

"Oh, ok," Chat took in the new information. "Wait, why does he get a dragon to go alongside him?"

"That's his pet crocodile, Fang," Ladybug answered.

"His pet crocodile got akumatized too? I didn't even know that Hawkmoth could akumatize more than one person at a time."

"That's what we were just talking about!" Ladybug retorted. "We think that maybe because Fang isn't technically a "person" he might count as a free 'plus one' or something like that. But we're not entirely sure."

"Why would that matter?" Chat questioned. "Can the kwamis just bend the rules whenever they want?"

"I don't know, maybe?" Ladybug answered.

"What are you all doing?" Carapace suddenly shouted from another rooftop. "Do you not see the giant, fire-breathing dragon up there?"

"Yeah, we know," Rena responded. "We were just having a quick discussion about said dragon."