Chapter 15

☘️

After returning back home after your encounter with Dori, Kaveh was relaxing on the couch and drawing a bunch of random patterns down on slips of paper. You had recalled Dori's words to him, and he seemed to have more information to tell you.

"Oh, I know Durgar. I did a commission with him on some floor plans not too long ago."

"You did?" You asked, sitting next to Alhaitham.

"Yep." Kaveh sat up. "He actually paid me well for my work. I only remember him because of that."

"Where is he now?" Alhaitham asked.

"Hmm... He stays near Port Ormos. I don't know if he's still down there, but you could try to find him." Kaveh responded.

"Sounds like our dead end opened up another path." You said. "We should look for him tomorrow."

Alhaitham nodded. "Let's go back to the Akademiya. We've done enough procrastinating already."

You giggled. "There's the Alhaitham I know."

...

You sat in your office, going over some reports handed to you by a worker at the Akademiya. Now that you've finished all the paperwork and necessary documents, all that was left was for you to complete Nahida's task to fulfill your role as a Sage.

You sighed, reading over the reports. Since your role as a Sage dealt with handling affairs within your Darshan, you had a lot to cover.

As you were reading more and more, a knock was heard at your door.

You knew it wasn't Kaveh, considering he was still at home. Your heart pounded, thinking Alhaitham was going to walk in.

"Come in!"

However, to your surprise, it wasn't Alhaitham.

Rather, it was some unfamiliar man you had never seen before.

"Greetings, Miss L/N."

You didn't remember taking on any appointments or meetings recently. Because of this, your suspicions immediately rose when he approached your desk.

"...Might I ask who you are?" You looked at the man. He wore a strange mask that covered his face. In fact... he was dressed as an eremite.

The man laughed. "You know me already."

He removed his mask, revealing his face. You stood up in shock, causing the man to stare deeply into your eyes.

"...Reza?!"

Your chair squeaked as it scraped against the floor from your actions. Reza chuckled, seeing your surprise and fear.

"I figured." He pulled his mask behind his neck, grinning. "If I were you, however, I would keep it down."

You gritted your teeth. "Don't think that for one second I won't get the Matra in here."

"Oh, there won't be no need." Reza pulled out a pocketknife from his belt, making you jolt in fear.

You looked at the door, wondering how long it would take you to escape.

"Please, Miss L/N, you shouldn't be scared. The door is locked, and no one is around your office at the moment. Even if you screamed at the top of your lungs... no one would hear you."

You swallowed harshly. "...What do you want?"

He laughed. "Cooperation."

"...I'm not going to take part in your devious plan." You spat. "What you're doing is immoral."