Chapter 19

☘️

You yawned and stretched as you sat down on the edge of your bed. Tomorrow, you would have to meet the old Grand Sage, Azar, and try to see what exactly is going on. Even though Nahida's words were comforting, it was nevertheless risky and scary to be involved with this plan.

You prepared to turn your light off to go to sleep, but a strange envelope sitting on your nightstand caught your eye.

Curiously, you took it and tried to search for someone's name.

To: Y/N

"For me?" You opened it, thinking that either Alhaitham or Kaveh had left it for you.

Once you pulled the letter out, you were surprised to see its contents.

It was a photo collection of you and Apu. When the Kamera was developed, both you and him went crazy with taking various photos of random things after he had purchased one.

You sifted through the images with a smile on your face. There were some of food, some of random scenery, and others of you working during school. You pulled out another photo from the bunch of you and Apu sharing a friendly hug together.

Laughing, you put the photos on your nightstand and switched the light off. You figured since Apu stayed in your bedroom, that he had left them for you.

You snuggled into your sheets, preparing to sleep.

A strange 'beep' was heard after a short moment. But since you were all too drowsy, you put it off as nothing to pay attention to.

Sleep overcame you fast, and you prayed to the Archons that you would have a pleasant dream.

...

"Morning."

Alhaitham greeted you as you walked out of your room, looking better than ever.

"Morning." You replied.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Very. Thanks for the blanket." You said.

"No problem."

He drank the rest of his coffee and stood up. "Let's head out. We need to meet with Azar."

You hesitantly nodded your head. Alhaitham could sense your worry, and turned around to give you a comforting look.

"...It's alright. I'll be there." He said, looking into your eyes.

You laughed. "I know."

The both of you headed out to the Akademiya, despite your fear growing with every step you took.

You and Alhaitham were greeted by various people in the Akademiya. Some attempted to stop you and ask a few questions, but Alhaitham dragged you along from getting into an unwanted interview.

Eventually, you made it to the undergound area of the Akademiya. This was a place where the Matra established a small base used for interrogation rooms and business handling.

Although Azar should have been locked away, Nahida kept him there so she could watch him and try to get as much information from him as possible.

As you approached the door to Azar's room, you took a deep breath.

Alhaitham grabbed your hand.

You held it back while he opened the door.

"Azar."