Confrontation with love

The atmosphere was tense as the team prepared for the upcoming match against Australia. Shubman was a bundle of nerves, his mind racing with thoughts of the potential mistakes he could make on his debut. Virat, sensing his anxiety, took him aside for a one-on-one conversation.

 it had been a long time since he did this but Shubman was like his younger version and his favourite in the team followed by Rohit.

 It definitely didn't mean he didn't love the others, just that his love for Shubman was 1% more than for the others.

"Shubi, listen to me," Virat began, his tone serious. "I've seen you practice, and I know you've got the talent. This is your moment, and I believe in you. Don't let fear hold you back. Everyone makes mistakes, it's part of the game. What matters is how you bounce back from them. You're here because you deserve to be, so play with confidence and enjoy the game."

Shubman glanced at Virat, His eyes reflecting a mix of gratitude and nervousness." Bhaiya, I don't want to let anyone down. It's just overwhelming. I feel like I have everything now. What if I lose everything in one blow"

"Babba, I was also once in your position. In fact, everyone in this team went through this. And, I'm certain that you will too." Virat puts a hand on shubman's shoulder, offering assurance.

"We're a team Shubi, Win or lose, we face it together. And remember, mistakes don't define you; it's your response to them that matters. Just go out there, play your natural game, and enjoy the experience. We're all here for you."

Shubman nodded, feeling a sense of comfort from Virat's words. As they walked back to the team, Ishan and Siraj were waiting with a mischievous grin.

"Did Virat bhai give you a pep talk, Shubi" Ishan teased and Siraj grinned along with him.

Shubman chuckled, "Yeah, he did. And it helped. I needed that."

Ishan threw an arm around Shubman, "Alright, now that you've had your idol's wisdom, let's get ready to rock the field. And by the way, I'm sorry for the wake-up kick. I got a bit carried away."

Shubman playfully punched Ishan's arm, "Apology accepted, but don't make it a habit. We've got a match to win, and I can't do it with a sore leg."

The banter continued as the team geared up for the match. Shubman's nervousness began to fade, replaced by a growing excitement. He felt the support of his teammates, the guidance of Virat, and Bonding that made the cricket field feel like home.

As the sun set on the eve of the match, the team gathered for a final huddle. Virat's words resonated in Shubman's mind, fueling his determination. 

Tomorrow was the day he had been waiting for – his first ODI with Team India. The journey ahead was uncertain, but with the team by his side, Shubman was ready to embrace it all.

As he stepped inside the dining hall, he saw that Ishan and Kuldeep were arguing about the new game that was just released.

"Let's go after the series, I'm pretty sure we will defeat you," Ishan said

"who's we?" Kuldeep asks as he sits beside Shreyas and KL Rahul who are fighting over the last piece of roti.

Cheapskates. 

"Of course, it's me and him," said Shubman after stepping in and pointing towards Ishan.

"I think you guys are in a relationship more than Ishan is in a relationship with Niyati." Rohit jokes, who was here in the room since earlier.  Virat was sitting beside him and talking to Jaddu about some new Shah Rukh Khan movie. The environment was always like this. Super chill even during the most stressful times. The team made sure that they went through everything together.

Everyone knew about Ishan and Niyati and they were completely supportive of them. Niyati was a really supportive girl who was a motivation to Ishan instead of being an obstacle. 

Although they had to hide it from Niyati's conservative parents, They love each other. Love was worth all the wars and fights they had to go through.

But, who would have guessed that,

the joke was maybe not just a joke.

Hey, another chapter up! Hope you are enjoying! I might not be that great, do leave reviews and suggestions on where I could improve myself.

Thank you!